31 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||60s BC 50s BC 40s BC – 30s BC – 20s BC 10s BC 0s BC|
|Years:||34 BC 33 BC 32 BC – 31 BC – 30 BC 29 BC 28 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||31 BC
|Ab urbe condita||723|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 293|
|- Pharaoh||Cleopatra VII, 21|
|Ancient Greek era||187th Olympiad, year 2|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己丑年 (Earth Ox)
2666 or 2606
— to —
庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
2667 or 2607
|Coptic calendar||−314 – −313|
|Ethiopian calendar||−38 – −37|
|- Vikram Samvat||26–27|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3070–3071|
|Iranian calendar||652 BP – 651 BP|
|Islamic calendar||672 BH – 671 BH|
|Julian calendar||31 BC
|Minguo calendar||1942 before ROC
|Seleucid era||281/282 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||512–513|
96 or −285 or −1057
— to —
97 or −284 or −1056
Year 31 BC was either a common year starting on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday or a leap year starting on Tuesday or Wednesday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Antonius and Octavianus.
- Gaius Julius Caesar Octavian becomes Roman Consul for the third time. His partner is Marcus Valerius Messalla Corvinus, replacing Mark Antony.
- Octavian establishes a bridgehead at the Gulf of Ambracia
- Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa sailed with 300 war galleys to the western Peloponnese. He occupied the Gulf of Corinth to cut off Antony's line of communication.
- Antony sets up camp at the promontory of Actium.
- Agrippa stormed Leucas. He took the garrison at Patrae.
- The Egyptian fleet retreats to Taenarus.
- Octavian takes court at Samos
- In the Judean Desert Herod the Great completes the fortress Masada.
- The Hellenistic period in art ends (or AD 14 by some scholars)
31 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.