Ralph McQuarrie facts for kids
Ralph Angus McQuarrie (June 13, 1929 – March 3, 2012) was an American costume designer and illustrator who designed the original Star Wars trilogy, the original Battlestar Galactica TV series, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and Cocoon, for which he won an Academy Award.
McQuarrie was born on June 13, 1929 in Gary, Indiana, a suburb close to Chicago, Illinois. He was raised in Billings, Montana. He was educated at the Art Center School. McQuarrie was married to Joan Benjamin from 1983 until his death in 2012. McQuarrie died on March 3, 2012 in Berkeley, California from Parkinson's disease, he was 82 years old.
- Star Wars (1977)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Battlestar Galactica (1978)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Cocoon (1985)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
- *batteries not included (1987)
- Back to the Future: The Ride (1991)
Images for kids
Fan cosplay costume inspired by McQuarrie's original Vader design
Ralph McQuarrie Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.