Serie D facts for kids
|Founded||1948 as Promozione Interregionale
1981 as Campionato Interregionale
|Level on pyramid||5|
|Most championships||A.C.N. Siena 1904 (2 titles)|
From the 1990's the league had 162 teams. The teams were split into 9 regional divisions, called Gironi. The divisions were usually formed of 18 teams. Teams were grouped based on location.
In the 2012–13 season there were 166 teams. Two groups are formed of 20 teams. The regions are divided as shown below:
- Girone A - teams from Aosta Valley, Piedmont, Liguria & Lombardy.
- Girone B - teams from Lombardy & Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol.
- Girone C - teams from Friuli-Venezia Giulia & Veneto.
- Girone D - teams from Emilia-Romagna & Tuscany.
- Girone E - teams from Lazio, Tuscany & Umbria.
- Girone F - teams from Abruzzo, Lazio, Marche & Molise.
- Girone G - teams from Campania, Lazio & Sardinia.
- Girone H - teams from Apulia, Basilicata & Campania.
- Girone I - teams from Calabria, Campania & Sicily.
Serie D Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.