Sibiu facts for kids
|Location of Sibiu within Romania (in red)|
|Sibiu County||Municipality of Sibiu|
|Founded||1191 (first official record)|
|• Total||121 km2 (47 sq mi)|
|Elevation||190 - 240 m (−597.4 ft)|
|• Density||1,273/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 269|
Sibiu (IPA [si'biw], German: Hermannstadt, Hungarian: Nagyszeben) is a city in Transylvania, Romania. About 170,000 people live there. The Cibin River, a tributary of the Olt River flows through the city. It is the capital of Sibiu County.
- Bauru, Brazil since 1995.
- Columbia, Missouri, USA since 1994.
- Deventer, Netherlands since 2007.
- Klagenfurt, Austria since 1990.
- Landshut, Germany since 2002.
- Marburg, Germany since 2005.
- Mechelen, Belgium since 1996.
- Rennes, France since 1999.
- Valencia, Venezuela since 1993.
- Wirral, UK since 1994.
Images for kids
Sibiu Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.