1127 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1090s 1100s 1110s – 1120s – 1130s 1140s 1150s|
|Years:||1124 1125 1126 – 1127 – 1128 1129 1130|
- Estimation: Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire, becomes the largest city in the world, taking the lead from Kaifeng, capital of China.
- January 9 – Jurchen forces sack the Song Chinese capital of Kaifeng (the Jingkang Incident, 靖康事變), and begin more than a century of political division between northern and southern China.
- Conrad III establishes the Hohenstaufen dynasty when he is crowned antiking to the Holy Roman Emperor, Lothair II.
- The first coalition of the Norman princes against Roger II of Sicily is formed. The same year, Roger regains control over Malta after a rebellion. To guaranty the security of the seas, the king also establishes a pact with the maritime republic of Savona, probably following an Almoravid raid against his realm.
- Count Charles the Good of Flanders is assassinated.
- First mention of the consuls in Brescia, indicating that the city has become an independent commune.
- The commune of Milan conquers the neighboring city of Como.
- October 18 – Emperor Go-Shirakawa of Japan (d. 1191)
- November 27 – Emperor Xiaozong of China (d. 1194)
- Constance of Antioch (d. 1163), the Princess regnant of the principality of Antioch
- Yang Wanli, Chinese poet (d. 1206)
1127 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.