1194 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1191 1192 1193 – 1194 – 1195 1196 1197|
|Ab urbe condita||1947|
|Balinese saka calendar||1115–1116|
|English Regnal year||5 Ric. 1 – 6 Ric. 1|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3890 or 3830
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3891 or 3831
|- Vikram Samvat||1250–1251|
|- Shaka Samvat||1115–1116|
|- Kali Yuga||4294–4295|
|Japanese calendar||Kenkyū 5
|Minguo calendar||718 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1505/1506 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1736–1737|
1320 or 939 or 167
— to —
1321 or 940 or 168
1194 (MCXCIV) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Julian calendar, the 1194th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 194th year of the 2nd millennium, the 94th year of the 12th century, and the 5th year of the 1190s decade.
- July 5 – Emperor Guangzong of Sung China was forced to step down.
- November 20 – Palermo falls to Henry VI
- December 25 – Henry VI becomes king of Sicily.
- City of Portsmouth awarded its Royal Charter.
- Henry Marshal becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- Yellow River of China experienced a major course change. It took over the Huai River drainage system for the next 700 years.
- July 16 — Clare of Assisi, Italian follower of Francis of Assisi (d. 1253)
- December 26 — Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1250)
- February 20 — King Tancred of Sicily
- May 5 — King Casimir II of Poland (b. 1138)
- June 27 — King Sancho VI of Navarre (b. c. 1133)
- June 28 — Emperor Xiaozong of China (b. 1127)
- September 27 — Renaud de Courtenay, Anglo-Norman nobleman (b. 1125)
- November 15 — Margaret I of Flanders
- December 31 — Duke Leopold V of Austria (killed at a tournament) (b. 1157)
- Benedictus Abbas, English chronicler
- Guy of Lusignan, king consort of Jerusalem (b. c. 1150)
- Raymond V of Toulouse (b. 1134)
- Roger III of Sicily (b. 1175)
- Sviatoslav III of Kiev
Images for kids
1194 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.