1195 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1192 1193 1194 – 1195 – 1196 1197 1198|
- July 18 – Battle of Alarcos, great victory of Almohad ruler Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Mansur over the Castilian King Alfonso VIII.
- Priory of St Mary's, Bushmead, founded.
- Alexius III Angelus overthrows Isaac II and becomes emperor of Byzantium.
- August 15 – Anthony of Padua, Portuguese preacher and saint (died 1231)
- Ramon Berenguer IV, Count of Provence (died 1245)
- Roger de Quincy, 2nd Earl of Winchester (died 1265)
1195 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.