1192 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1189 1190 1191 – 1192 – 1193 1194 1195|
- The Third Crusade ends in disaster. Richard I of England and Saladin negotiate visiting rights for pilgrims to come to the Holy City of Jerusalem.
- Richard I of England taken hostage by Leopold V of Austria.
- Minamoto no Yoritomo granted title of shogun, thereby officially establishing the first shogunate in the history of Japan.
- Enrico Dandolo becomes Doge of Venice.
- Marco Polo Bridge, or Lugouqiao, completed in Beijing.
- September 17 — Minamoto no Sanetomo, Japanese shogun (d. 1219)
- Giorgi IV Lasha, King of Georgia (d. 1223)
- Stefan Radoslav, King of Serbia (d. 1234)
- April 26 — Emperor Go-Shirakawa of Japan (b. 1127)
- April 28 — Conrad of Montferrat, King of Jerusalem (b. mid-1140s)
- May 5 — Duke Ottokar IV of Styria (b. 1163)
- August 25 — Hugh III, Duke of Burgundy (b. 1142)
- Kilij Arslan II, Sultan of Rüm
Heads of states
- England — Richard I King of England (reigned 1189–1199)
- France — Philippe II, Auguste King of France (reigned 1180–1223)
- Germany — Henry VI Holy Roman Emperor (1191–1197) and King of Germany (1190–1197)
- Pope — Celestine III (pope 1191–1198)
- China — Emperor Guangzong of Song, 12th emperor of Song China (宋光宗) (reigned 1189–1194)
1192 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.