1132 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1129 1130 1131 – 1132 – 1133 1134 1135|
- June – A fire breaks out in the Song Dynasty Chinese capital of Hangzhou. It destroyed 13,000 homes and forced many to flee to nearby hills. Due to large fires such as this, the government installs an effective fire fighting force for the city. Items such as bamboo, planks, and rush-matting are temporarily exempted from taxation, 120 tons of rice are distributed to the poor, and the government temporarily suspends the housing rent requirement of the city's residents.
- July 24 – Battle of Nocera: Ranulf II of Alife defeats Roger II of Sicily.
- St. Malachy is made bishop of Armagh in Ireland, to impose the Roman liturgy on the independent Irish Church.
- Fountains Abbey and Rievaulx Abbey are founded in Yorkshire, Basingwerk Abbey is founded in Wales.
- Barnwell Castle is erected in Northamptonshire, England.
- The Japanese era 長承 (Choushou) begins.
- Tughril II starts his rule of Iraq.
- Champa again invades Vietnam.
- Under the Song Dynasty, China's first permanent standing navy is established in this year, with the headquarters of the admiral stationed at Dinghai.
- Abd al-Mu'min becomes Almohad caliph in North Africa.
- Joachim of Fiore, Italian mystic and abbot (d. 1201)
- Rhys ap Gruffydd, ruler of Deheubarth (d. 1197)
Images for kids
1132 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.