|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1430s 1440s 1450s – 1460s – 1470s 1480s 1490s|
|Years:||1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Sonni Ali, first Songhai king, conquers many of his African neighbors.
- Thirteen Years' War ends in eastern Europe.
- The Portuguese continue to explore the world.
- Chimú Empire taken over by soldiers of the Inca Empire in South America.
- King Louis XII of France
- Emperor Go-Kashiwabara of Japan
- Erasmus, Dutch thinker
- Montezuma II, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlán
- Pope Paul III
- Juan de Zumárraga, first bishop of Mexico
1460s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.