1770s facts for kids
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1740s 1750s 1760s – 1770s – 1780s 1790s 1800s|
|Years:||1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- United States Declaration of Independence ratified by the Continental Congress (July 4, 1776). The document was drafted by a committee consisting of representatives John Adams of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, Thomas Jefferson of Virginia, Robert R. Livingston of New York and Roger Sherman of Connecticut.
- Abol Fath Khan ascends to the throne of Persia as the second Shah of the Zand dynasty in 1779.
- Emperor Ch'ien Lung (China)
- King Christian VII (Denmark and Norway)
- King George III of Great Britain and the Prince-elector of Hanover
- Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia and Hungary
- Frederick II of Prussia, King of Prussia
- Empress Catherine II (Russia)
- King Charles III (Spain)
- King Louis XV (France)
- King Louis XVI (France)
- Emperor Go-Momozono (Japan)
1770s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.