1090 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1060s 1070s 1080s – 1090s – 1100s 1110s 1120s|
|Years:||1087 1088 1089 – 1090 – 1091 1092 1093|
Year 1090 (MXC) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- Third expedition of the Almoravid army in al-Andalus who subdue the taifas kingdoms. Córdoba, Seville, Grenada, Málaga, Almería and Ronda fall to the troops of Yusuf ibn Tashfin.
Arts and culture
- Troubadours begin playing in Provence.
- Song Dynasty Chinese writer Qin Guan writes the Can Shu (Book of Sericulture), which describes a silk-reeling machine that has the world's oldest known mechanical belt drive.
- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (d. 1153)
- Eliezer ben Nathan of Mainz
- Qin Hui, Chinese Song Dynasty Prime Minister (d. 1155)
- June 26 – Jaromír (Bishop of Prague)
- July 3 – Egbert II, Margrave of Meissen (b. c. 1060)
- October 6 – Saint Adalbero
Images for kids
- In Spanish: 1090
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1090 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.