1370 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1340s 1350s 1360s – 1370s – 1380s 1390s 1400s|
|Years:||1367 1368 1369 – 1370 – 1371 1372 1373|
- May 24 – The Treaty of Stralsund ends the war between Denmark and the Hanseatic League.
- October 20 – Philip of Anjou, Titular Emperor of Constantinople, marries Elisabeth of Slavonia, daughter of Stephen, duke of Transylvania and Slavonia, and Margareta of Bavaria.
- December 20 – Pope Gregory XI succeeds Pope Urban V as the 201st pope.
- Steel Crossbow first used as a weapon of war.
- Carthusian monks build the Charterhouse in London.
- Fortification of Xian City (Chang'an)
- Timur completes his conquest of Cental Asia and parts of Persia, establishing the Timurid Empire.
- Tran Phu deposes Duong Nhat Le as King of Vietnam.
- For the second time since 1368, Moscow attacks Tver. Tver again makes a counter-attack with the aid of Lithuania and the Blue Horde.
- Casimir III of Poland is succeeded jointly by his sister, Elisabeth of Kujavia, and her son, Louis I of Hungary. Beginning of the rule of Poland by the Capet-Anjou family.
- Duke William of Austria (died July 14, 1406)
- Guarino da Verona, Italian humanist (died 1460)
- Joanna of Navarre, daughter of Charles II of Navarre (died 1437)
- John Lydgate, English Benedictine monk and poet (died 1451)
- Queen Mary of Sicily (died 1402)
- Erasmo of Narni, Italian mercenary (died 1443)
- King Olaf IV of Norway (died 1387)
- John VII Palaeologus, Byzantine Emperor (died 1408)
- Jan Piast, Duke of Ziebice (died 1428)
- Jan Sindel, Polish scientist (died 1443)
- Jan Zizka, leader of the Hussites (died 1424)
- Pawel Wlodkowic, Polish scholar (died 1435)
1370 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.