1424 facts for kids
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1421 1422 1423 – 1424 – 1425 1426 1427|
Year 1424 was a leap year starting on Saturday.
Events of 1424
- August 17 – Battle of Verneuil – An English force under John, Duke of Bedford defeats a larger French army under the Duke of Alençon, John Stewart, and Earl Archibald of Douglas. Alençon was captured and Douglas killed.
- June – Battle of L'Aquila – Jacopo Caldora and Micheletto Attendolo for the Kingdom of Naples defeat Braccio da Montone for Alfonso V of Aragon.
|Ab urbe condita||2177|
|English Regnal year||2 Hen. 6 – 3 Hen. 6|
— to —甲辰年十二月十一日
|- Vikram Samvat||1480–1481|
|- Shaka Samvat||1346–1347|
|- Kali Yuga||4525–4526|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 31
|Minguo calendar||488 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1967|
- October 31 – King Wladislaus III of Poland (died 1444)
- date unknown
- January 4 – Muzio Sforza, Italian condottiero
- May 10 – Emperor Go-Kameyama of Japan
- June 5 – Braccio da Montone, Italian condottiero
- June 10 – Duke Ernest of Austria (born 1377)
- June 16 – Johannes Ambundii, Archbishop of Riga
- August 12 – Yongle Emperor of China (born 1360)
- December 31 – Thomas Beaufort, 1st Duke of Exeter, English military leader
- date unknown
- Parameswara, Malay prince (born 1344)
- Jan Žižka, Czech general and Hussite leader
- probable – Johannes Abezier, provost and bishop of the Teutonic Knights (born 1380)
1424 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.