1423 facts for kids
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1420 1421 1422 – 1423 – 1424 1425 1426|
|Ab urbe condita||2176|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 6 – 2 Hen. 6|
— to —癸卯年十一月廿九日
|- Vikram Samvat||1479–1480|
|- Shaka Samvat||1345–1346|
|- Kali Yuga||4524–4525|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 30
|Minguo calendar||489 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1966|
- April 27 – Hussite Wars: Battle of Horic – The Taborites decisively beat the Utraquists.
- July 31 – Hundred Years' War: Battle of Cravant – The French army is defeated at Cravant on the banks of the river Yonne.
- August 23 – English with Burgundian soldiers defeat the French, who were supported by the Scots, at Verneuil. The English-Burgundian alliance was strengthened by the marriage of the Duke of Bedford to Anne of Burgundy. Anne was sister of Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy. Philip the Good had allied Burgundy with England after his father was murdered in 1419 by the French Dauphin, son of Charles VI of France.
- According to the 1421 theory, the return of Zheng He's fleets to China.
- May 30 – Georg Purbach, German astronomer and mathematician (died 1461)
- June 2 – Ferdinand I of Naples (died 1494)
- July 3 – King Louis XI of France (died 1483)
- August 24 – Thomas Rotherham, English cleric (died 1500)
- November 24 – Baron Raß von Balzers, descendant of Frederick II
1423 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.