7 facts for kids
This page is about the year 7 AD. For the actual number, see seven.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||4 AD 5 AD 6 AD – 7 AD – 8 AD 9 AD 10 AD|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 7
|Ab urbe condita||760|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
2703 or 2643
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
2704 or 2644
|Coptic calendar||−277 – −276|
|Ethiopian calendar||−1 – 0|
|- Vikram Samvat||63–64|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3107–3108|
|Iranian calendar||615 BP – 614 BP|
|Islamic calendar||634 BH – 633 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 7
|Minguo calendar||1905 before ROC
|Seleucid era||318/319 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||549–550|
133 or −248 or −1020
— to —
134 or −247 or −1019
7 (VII) is a common year of the Julian calendar which started on a Saturday. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Monday. It was the 7th year of the 1st century.
- The Illyrians revolt against Roman rule.
- Pannonians revolt with Dalmatians and Illyrian tribes against Roman rule.
- Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus dismisses the Judean ethnarch Herod Archelaus.
- Publius Quinctilius Varus is appointed governor of Germany.
- Tiberius Quinctilius Varus, legate, is charged with organizing Germany between the Rhine and Elba rivers. He carries out a census, devises tributes and recruits soldiers, all of which create dissension among the Germans.
- Abgarus of Edessa is deposed as king of Osroene.
- Construction of the Temple of Concordia begins.
- Vonones I of the Arsacid Dynasty becomes ruler of Parthia
- Zhai Yi, Governor of the Commandery of Dong (modern Puyang, Henan) declares Liu Zin, Marquess of Yang Xiang (modern Tai'an, Shandong) emperor. This proves to be the largest of the rebellions against Emperor Ruzi of Han.
- Wang Mang puts down the rebellion during the winter. Zhai is captured and executed while Liu Xin escapes.
Arts and Sciences
- Strabo writes Geographia (some claimed around AD 18).
- Livy is appointed to tutor Claudius in history. Claudius begins writing and researching a history of the Roman Civil Wars which is critical of Augustus. Livia and Antonia Minor force him to stop his work destroying any opportunity for political advancement.
- Drusus Caesar, son of Germanicus and Agrippina the elder (d. 33).
- Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo, Roman General (d. 67).
- Athenodoros Cananites, Stoic philosopher (b. 74 BC).
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:7 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.