10 facts for kids
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s BC 0s BC 0s – 10s – 20s 30s 40s|
|Years:||7 AD 8 AD 9 AD – 10 AD – 11 AD 12 AD 13 AD|
|Ab urbe condita||763|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚午年十二月初七日
|- Vikram Samvat||66–67|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3111–3112|
|Iranian calendar||612 BP – 611 BP|
|Islamic calendar||631 BH – 630 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1902 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||553|
10 is a year in the 1st century. It was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Julian calendar. At the time, throughout the Roman Empire, it was known as the year of the consulship of Dolabella and Silanus
- Differentiation of localized Teutonic tribes of the Irminones.
- The Greek dynasty in Bactria is ended
- Publius Cornelius Dolabella is a Roman Consul.
- Illyria is divided into Pannonia and Dalmatia.
- Ovid finishes writing Tristia (the "Sorrows") (5 books) and Epistulae ex Ponto (Letters from the Black Sea) (4 books) describing the sadness of banishment.
- Hero of Alexandria, Greek engineer (d. c. 70)
- Saint Peter, one of Jesus' disciples and the first pope (d. c. 64).
- Didymus Chalcenterus, Greek scholar and grammarian. (b. c. 63 BC)
10 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.