Mon Colle Knights facts for kids
|Mon Colle Knights|
Cover of the second manga volume featuring Mondo Ooya, Rockna Hiiragi, Gluko, and Batch.
Quick facts for kids六門天外モンコレナイト
(Rokumon Tengai Mon Kore Naito)
|Genre||Adventure, comedy, fantasy|
|Written by||Satoru Akahori
|Illustrated by||Hideaki Nishikawa|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||September 27, 1999 – April 27, 2001|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Yasunao Aoki|
|Produced by||Fukashi Azuma
|Written by||Satoru Akahori
|Music by||Hiroshi Sakamoto|
|Original run||January 10, 2000 – December 25, 2000|
|Mon Colle Knights the Movie: The Legendary Fire Dragon and The Mysterious Tatari-chan|
|Directed by||Yasunao Aoki|
|Produced by||Jōichi Mizuno
|Written by||Satoru Akahori
|Music by||Hiroshi Sakamoto|
|Released||July 15, 2000|
Mon Colle Knights, known in Japan as Six Gates Far Away Mon Colle Knight (Japanese: 六門天外モンコレナイト Hepburn: Rokumon Tengai Mon Kore Naito), is a Japanese manga series written by Satoru Akahori and Katsumi Hasegawa and illustrated by Hideaki Nishikawa. The original concept was made by Hitoshi Yasuda and Group SNE. The series is based on the Monster Collection trading card game.
An anime television series adaptation animated by Studio Deen aired on TV Tokyo from January to December 2000 and consisted of 51 episodes and one movie. The Saban-produced Mon Colle Knights aired on Fox Kids in North America from July 2001 to September 2002, consisting of 45 episodes. In 2006, it aired in reruns on Toon Disney's Jetix on Sundays, as part of Jetix's "Anime Invasion Sundays" block. The manga was published in English in Singapore by Chuang Yi.
On June 9, 2020, the original Japanese version became available on Crunchyroll via Discotek Media. According to Justin Sevakis, the only reason why the anime is only available on Crunchyroll in Japanese is that the masters for the English dub couldn't be found. Discotek Media asked fans to help find the masters. They were still searching for it as of September 15, 2020. On February 11, 2021, it was announced that Discotek Media will be releasing the anime sub-only on Blu-ray on April 27, 2021. However, Discotek Media promised that they are still looking for the English dub.
The series features Mondo Ooya and his classmate/girlfriend Rockna Hiiragi (Rokuna in the Japanese version), whose scientist father Professor Ichiroubei Hiiragi invented a way to travel to Mon World (Roku Mon Sekai: the Six Gate World), where all sorts of magical creatures live. Together, they try to find six monster items which, when combined, could connect the Six Gate World with planet Earth for the better of both worlds. Rokuna and Mondo form the Mon Colle Knights and find out that when chanting a phrase-("With us, you can do it!") they can merge into monsters and control them into battle as well as aid with spells. Almost every episode, they battle Professor Hiiragi's rival Prince Eccentro (Count Collection in the Japanese version) and his two girl underlings Gluko and Batch (Goruko and Bachi in the Japanese version) who are after the same thing as the Mon Colle Knights, except that they intend to use the items to dominate both worlds.
Mon Colle Knights
- Mondo Ooya (大矢 門斗 Ōya Mondo)
- Voiced by: Tomo Saeki (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- One of the main protagonists of the series and is an elementary school student at a local public school. Mondo is an adventurous young boy who seeks to gather the Mon items to bring together his world and Mon world for peace and friendship. Even though he has an outgoing and determined nature, Mondo has a little problem: he always flirts with pretty girls (Beginner, Kahimi, and Lailai are the most notable). Note that the first Kanji in Mondo's name; "Mon (門 Mon)," is the same that is used in the Mon Colle Knights title, Roku Mon Tengai Mon Colle Knight (六門天外モンコレナイト Roku Mon Tengai Mon Kore Naito). He has devices that he uses for his peace sign attack.
- Rokuna Hiiragi (柊 六奈 Hiiragi Rokuna) / Rockna Hiiragi
- Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese); Brianne Siddall (English)
- One of the main protagonists of the series. Rokuna is Mondo's genius friend and classmate from school, whose intentions match Mondo's. She has a special telepathic ability to communicate with monsters. Now her boyfriend Mondo likes drooling over her but she gets jealous if Mondo flirts with other girls causing Rokuna to attack him. The first Kanji in Rockna's name; "Roku (六 Roku)," is the same that is used in the Mon Colle Knights title, Roku Mon Tengai Mon Kore Naito (六門天外モンコレナイト ''Roku Mon Tengai Mon Kore Naito). She has a baton like devices which she uses for her string or ribbon attack.
- Professor Ichiroubei Hiiragi (柊 一郎兵衛 Hiiragi Ichirōbei)
- Voiced by: Shigeru Chiba (Japanese); Jamieson Price (English)
- Rokuna's father and a rather eccentric sort of mad scientist. He discovered Mon World and wants the human world to know about it so he can win many awards. His laboratory is right across the street from Mondo and Rokuna's school.
- Jāne (ジャーネ Jāne) / Lovestar
- Voiced by: Yuko Mizutani (Japanese); Wendee Lee (English)
- Lovestar is a Zeechi that Rokuna adopted. A pale pink hamster-like monster with a red star marked on it's back. In the Japanese version, their species is called "Lovestar" because the sounds the creatures make resemble the word "love-love" and the pattern on their backs make a star. Also in the Japanese version, Lovestar is called "Jāne," because, when Rokuna was trying to say goodbye ("Jā ne") to it, Lovestar thought she was calling it by name.
- Punchpunch (パンチパンチ Panchipanchi)
- Voiced by: Maria Yamamoto
- A tiny monkey monster who punches.
- Count Ludwig Presto Von Meinstein Collection (ルードヴィヒ・ブレスト・フォン・マインシュタイン・コレクション Rūdovihi Buresuto Fon Mainshutain Korekushon) / Prince Ludwig Von Monsterstein Eccentro
- Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue (Japanese); Joe Ochman (English)
- One of the principal antagonists of the series. Prince Eccentro is a young effeminate aristocrat from Europe who wants to take over Mon World. He was born in 1974 and he was trained by Tanaka when his father wanted him to be a bad guy. He is not very threatening due to his eccentric behavior and hysterical persona at times. However, he is the inventor of the hypnotic Skeitso Beam (whether on his Flying Lion aircraft or Teddyarenaut) which he uses to bend monsters to his will. Because of that, he tends to have his evil moments, though he really isn't as evil as he brags himself to be. Everytime Prince Eccentro fails, Tanaka would punish him with back-breaking exercises and/or harsh training that is related to the episode's content. His dream is apparently to become a world famous belly dancer.
- Bachi (バッチィ Bachii) / Batch
- Voiced by: Kyoko Hikami (Japanese); Wendee Lee (English)
- Eccentro's tomboyish lackey, with a brash, spunky, and often sarcastic personality. She tends to be much more committed to evil deeds than the foppish Eccentro or the air-headed Gluko. Batch unfortunately gets punished by Tanaka as well except in two episodes. Batch and Eccentro argue a lot, and sometimes Batch shows amusement at Eccentro's mishaps. Ultimately they have a trusting and friendly relationship though, and Batch always follows the Count's orders. She is shown to be a fitness enthusiast, as her bedroom is filled with exercise equipment. In the Japanese version, she speaks with a distinct Kansai dialect.
- Guuko (グーコ Gūko) / Gluko
- Voiced by: Yuka Imai (Japanese); Dina Sherman (English)
- Eccentro's big-breasted, yet air-headed and friendly underling. She is always spared by Tanaka when it's time for punishment and has an amount of luck. Goruko never seems to get hurt while the rest of her team and the Mon Colle Knights usually does. An English ongoing joke in the series is that during Eccentro's launch sequence in each episode, she asks a very long and logic based question which ends with Eccentro and Batch becoming bored and saying "Never mind, Goruko." In the Japanese version, Gluko speaks in a very polite and respectful dialect whether she's talking to her teammates or her enemies. Goruko also carries around a book detailing about Mon World and his creatures. In a later episode, Gluko ends up adopting a Forest Imp named Impy.
- Chuzaemon Takenaka (竹中 忠左衛門 Takenaka Chūzaemon) / Tanaka
- Voiced by: Yuji Ueda (Japanese); Michael Sorich (English)
- A midget old man who serves as Eccentro's mentor under the orders of Eccentro's father. He usually punishes Eccentro for his screw ups (and/or lack of manly attitude) with back-breaking exercises and/or harsh training related to the episode's content. Tanaka tends to pop up anywhere.
- Repuri (レプリちゃん Repuri-chan) / Impy
- Voiced by: Marina Yamamoto (Japanese); R. Martin Klein (English)
- A cheerful young Forest Imp (Leprechaun in the Japanese version) who is Goruko's pet. Goruko first found him in the forest near where Vipress was imprisoned. Impy doesn't talk very much -- he usually only utters short, inquisitive questions (such as "What this?"), or repeats cheerfully what Goruko says. He has psychic powers that allow him to telekinetically move things around, which comes in handy for some of Eccentro's schemes. Impy also has a habit of fiddling with buttons on the Flying Lion aircraft and more often than not causing it to explode and send him and his allies blasting off. Despite his apparent carefree and dimwitted personality, Impy does care a lot for Goruko.
- Namiko Gokumare (極稀 並子 Gokumare Namiko) / Naomi Loon
- Voiced by: Yuko Mizutani (Japanese); Wendee Lee (English)
- Mondo and Rokuna's teacher, a rather nice lady who has a short temper and terrible luck with love. For some reason, there is a monster card featuring her that is in Prince Eccentro's possession. She is a skilled fighter as seen in some episodes.
- Beginner (ビギナーちゃん Bigina-chan)
- Voiced by: Mika Kanai (Japanese); Philece Sampler (English)
- A cute but accident-prone girl with a large appetite who is learning to become a summoner. While powerful, her aim is terrible, so she tends to hurt her allies by accident. As a running gag, she has a habit of summoning a giant meteor that always ends destroying something. She is a friend of Mondo and Rokuna. Her grandfather, Expert, runs the summoning school she attends. In the Japanese version, Beginner refers to Mondo and Rokuna collectively as "Roku-Mon-chan," much to their annoyance.
- Lailai (ライライ Rairai)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Ishimura (Japanese); Melissa Fahn (English)
- A young girl which the Mon Colle Knights often encounter at random, while she travels the world carrying impossible amounts of little monsters in her coat. She gave Lovestar to Rokuna.
- Songstress of the Flower Garden (花園の歌姫 Hanazono no Utahime) / Kahimi
- Voiced by: Yumi Kakazu (Japanese); Tifanie Christun (English)
- An elf maiden with very long hair, whose beauty incites Rokuna's jealousy whenever Mondo compliments Kahimi (though Rokuna holds nothing against Kahimi herself). She becomes a good friend and ally of the Mon Colle Knights, especially with her ability to make plants grow and control over the winds of Mon World.
- Luke (ルーク Rūku)
- Voiced by: Yumiko Kobayashi (Japanese); Lex Lang (English)
- A friend of Beginner's who goes to the same summoning school as her. Luke has a poorly-disguised crush on Beginner and seems to like Rokuna. Luke is a summoning prodigy and considers Mondo his biggest rival as a monster summoner and for Beginner's heart. Around Beginner, Luke becomes so nervous he can summon only purple sheep, not to be confused with his own sheep friend, Lambda. Beginner, for her part, is oblivious to Luke's crush on her. Luke acts rather stingy and aloof towards strangers and he tends to be a bit of a crybaby when things don't go his way -- such as when someone, usually Mondo, interacts with Beginner or Lambda -- but he shows himself to quite brave in the face of danger, and his summoning abilities make him handy to have around. Prince Eccentro once lied to Luke telling him that Mondo is not a very good person causing Luke to summon Basilosaurus to attack Mondo with. Luke learned the truth when Prince Eccentro took over Basilosaurus.
- Lambda (ランダ Randa)
- A purple sheep who is a friend of Luke's.
- Zaha (ザッハ Zahha) / Gabriolis
- Voiced by: Shin-ichiro Miki (Japanese); Daran Norris (English)
- A former Light Angel. During a great war between good and evil, he was wounded and left behind by his friend Lark. He felt betrayed and abandoned and embraced the darkness that Redda offered him transforming him into a Dark Angel. He plagued the Mon Colle Knights on different occasions involving attacking Doppelganger and casting a spell on 3 of Mondo's cards (consisting of Forester the Forest Giant, Flying Stego, and Scorch the Fire Monster) until Spectra appeared and reversed the spell. When he was weakened by Vipress's attack during his fight with Mondo and Water Dragon after Redda took control of the monsters, it was later revealed by Spectra and the Angel of all Oceans that Lark, in fact, took his place in battle and died (in the English dub, he went to divert an approaching enemy flock and wasn't seen again) after which Gabriolis realized his error and reverted to good, though maintaining his dark appearance. He also helped Mondo and Rockna defeat Dread Dragon and destroyed Redda in the final episode. Zaha's name is derived from Zahariel, which means "Brightness of God". Zahariel was the angel who would help people resist temptation. This is both ironic and fitting to his character, as he would first failed to resist temptation, then become someone who temps others, then turns into someone who helps others resist temptation, and finally become someone who is able to resist it himself too. The English dubbed name is derived from Gabriel, one of the archangels who typically serves as a messenger to humans from God.
- Rutto (ルット) / Lucca
- He is a small demonic creature who is Gabriolis' friend and partner. On one occasion, he had possession of an item that had to be won over in a Mon World Baseball tournament.
- Redda (レダ Reda)
- Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Japanese); Tom Wyner (English)
- One of the principal antagonists of the series. Redda is a fallen angel like Gabriolis, who wants to use the six items to summon Oroboros. He is powerful, but not the strongest. Redda would prefer to avoid battle when not having a good advantage. In the dub, he wants to create a world of nothingness. In the original, he wants to create a formless world where all souls are the same and neither good nor evil will exist. Redda was the one who enabled Gabriolis to embrace the darkness after he was seemingly abandoned. In the final battle, he is killed by Gabriolis.
- A man with a circle that has the letter N on it. He serves as the announcer of any tournaments in Mon World.
- Shiru (シル) / Spectra the Angel
- Voiced by: Asako Dodo (Japanese); Debbie Rothstein (English)
- Lark's sister and Zaha's fiance in the Japanese version (she is Gabriolis' sister in the English dub) who sports a long gold dress and is always barefoot. Spectra is a Light Angel who comes to Gabriolis in his darkest hour to show him what really happened in the past so he may find redemption. She reappeared when Redda was chasing after her near the Fire Angel's castle and was rescued by the Mon Colle Knights.
- Forest Angel / Earth Angel
- Mon World's guardian angel of the Earth Realm who sports five pairs of wings. She first appeared to help the Mon Colle Knights put the Four-Armed Giant back to sleep by summoning the Emerald Dragon. It was the Forest Angel who told the Mon Colle Knights of the Guardian Angels' roles.
- Flame Angel / Fire Angel
- Voiced by: Melodee Spevack
- The guardian angel of the Fire Realm and the Guardian of the Solar Scepter (one of the Mon items).
- Angel of all Oceans / Water Angel
- Voiced by: Wendee Lee
- The guardian angel of the Water Realm and Guardian of the Arialla Pearl (one of the Mon items) who sports long purple hair, three wings, wears a strange dress, and is always barefoot. The Angel of all Oceans and Spectra revealed to Gabriolis what really happened the day when he was "abandoned."
- Cloud Angel
- Mon World's guardian angel of the Wind Realm who sports two pairs of wings.
This is a list of all monsters featured in the anime Mon Colle Knights.
- Chimera - A three-headed monster that resemble a lion with dragon wings. It has a lion head, a maned lizard head, and a maned goat head where all three heads breathe fire. Prince Eccentro considers Chimera as one of his most powerful monsters.
- Squirt Fish - A small fish that can squirt water at its enemies. It comes in a variety of different sizes.
- Bisonator (Frenzied Bison in the Japanese version) - A powerful bison monster.
- Fog Dragon (Mist Dragon in the Japanese version) - A white dragon that uses fog to defend itself or hide in for protection. It looks like a plesiosaurus with turtle flippers and a nearly unseen shell on its back.
- Fish People - Mermaid-type monsters that have great singing voices.
- Gill Men - Anthropomorphic salamanders without tails that ride the waves and wield tridents.
- Toad Warrior (Poison Toad in the Japanese version) - A giant toad who isn't as tough as he looks, but he loves to eat flies.
- Cat King - A small humanoid white cat walking on his hind legs and wearing clothes. He rules a kingdom of similar cats.
- Ballerina Cat - A bit taller, more anthropomorphic feline with black fur and ballerina outfit, always speaking in rhyme.
- Sonic Condor - A giant condor monster that can fly very fast. It is a monster that has elements of both a phoenix and a roc.
- Flying Stego - A large purple dragon that seems to have a plane engine in its chest.
- Behemoth - A giant rhinoceros-like creature with a grey armored shell. He is Forester the Forest Giant's rival.
- Forester the Forest Giant - A giant who lives in the sandstone formations near the forest he protects. He hates violence unless if he has to defend himself. Forester is Behemoth's rival.
- Pegasus - A chibi winged horse that grew out into a full-fledged pegasus with Mondo's help. He remains a great and loyal friend to Mondo who cares deeply about him in return.
- Griffin (Hippogriff in the Japanese version) - A Hippogriff-type monsters, colored mostly black.
- War Hogs (Orcs in the Japanese version) - Anthropomorphic pigs who are at war with the Forest Elves. They are extremely lazy.
- Forest Elves - Elves in the simplest sense. It would seem their warriors are exclusively female and are led by Sonnet. They're rather afraid of dirt.
- Forest Elf King - The king of the aforementioned elves, unlike his warriors a gentle being.
- Rex - A Tyrannosaurus-type monster.
- Ogre Tribe - Inhabitants of the Fire Realm, they value strength very much and are not all too smart. Their main village has been accidentally destroyed by Beginner by summoning a giant meteor.
- Pose Brothers (Ogre Power Brothers in the Japanese version) - Two ogres who were paired up with Prince Eccentro in a tournament run by ogres.
- Airiphant - A small pink flying elephant who blows tornadoes after inhaling.
- Nighthawk Male - A dark brown giant bird. It was once controlled by Eccentro once to attack his own wife and nest.
- Nighthawk Female - A light brown giant bird.
- Leviathan - A large dark blue carp-like fish with sharp teeth.
- Water Dragon - A long blue water serpent-like creature that can create large tidal waves.
- Spectra Water Dragon - Water Dragon's evolved form.
- Count Dragula - A vampire spirit that possessed Eccentro, temporarily turning him into the epitome of manliness/evil that Tanaka tried to achieve in him. He has a number of evil minions that include zombies.
- Cave Wolves - Anthropomorphic wolves that use shovels to dig and hunt treasure. Not to be confused with werewolves.
- Rocky the Boulder - A boulder monster that goes after anything in sight.
- Underminers - Blue gnome-like creatures who don't seem to intelligent and spend their lives mining.
- King Pezno the Penguin - A penguin monster who uses his crown to summon monsters to his aid.
- Serpentine Slither - A giant serpent monster that resides in hot springs.
- Phoenix - A hybrid of a Valkyrie and a harpy. This humanoid has wings for arms and a great deal of Light Magic.
- Snow Ram - A ram/dragon monster who causes the winter in Mon World when not hibernating.
- Storm Dragon - A dark stone-blue dragon who has power over electricity. He has a son who Beginner accidentally summoned when the Snow Ram was causing a blizzard when it wasn't winter.
- Cyclone Storm Dragon - Storm Dragon's evolved form.
- Earth Dragon - A dull-green/brown Godzilla-like mimic (minus the plates on his back). He found the boots that enabled anyone flight. To earn them, a tournament occurred and he was the referee until Tanaka summoned him (Tanaka had a copy of the Earth Dragon's card). He lost the tournament and surrendered the boots, which turned out to be one of the Monster-Items.
- Emperor Earth Dragon - Earth Dragon's evolved stage.
- Sombrero Cactus - Living cacti with a sombrero, a guitar and a Mexican scarf. There is a female one with a pink dress.
- Giant Praying Mantis -
- Marvel Beetle -
- Dragonfly -
- Giant Waterbug -
- Volcano Shark -
- Arboreal Ancient - A large living tree with a face vaguely visible in its bast.
- Fire Butterfly - A giant spell-casting butterfly monster.
- Mirrorbug - A power draining parasitic beetle.
- Thunderbug - A white beetle that is the mirrorbug's natural enemy.
- Slobilonians - A race of Goblin-like men who eat a lot and they kidnap people to keep their home clean.
- Troll - A giant teal-skinned troll.
- Punch-Punch - Tiny monkey monsters who pack a punch when working together in groups.
- Snail Monster - A weak snail monster.
- Ripley Pine -
- Giant Flea -
- Garter Snake -
- Big Beetle -
- Goat Boy - A weak satyr-like monster.
- Jellyfish -
- Toilet Flush -
- Base - A bomb-like monster.
- Mushroom Head - A weak mushroom-topped monster.
- Tiger-Man - A man who can become a humanoid tiger when angered.
- Sparrow Squad - Three small in-training valkyrie girls that ride huge sparrows.
- Winged Warrior - A female warrior that rides a large swan.
- Centaurs - Horses with human torsos and horns. They seem to have a culture similar to that of the Native Americans.
- Centaur King (a.k.a. King of 100 Battles) - The massive king of all Centaurs who had never lost a battle.
- Pythonic Viper - A large sight sensitive serpent.
- Nine-Headed Swamp Dragon (Swamp Hydra in the English dub) - A Hydra-type monster.
- Toxic Phantoms - Skull-faced reapers that drain the energy of their victims.
- Dopplefanger (Orthros in the Japanese version) - An Orthrus-type monster.
- Rhino Rex (Idiot Rhino in the Japanese version) - Basically, a slightly larger rhinoceros monster who is not very bright.
- Cycloptus (Cyclops in the Japanese version) - A Cyclops-type monster from the Earth Realm with psychic powers and elemental abilities who terrorized the Air Realm. Examples of his psychic and elemental powers involved electrocuting Prince Eccentro with lightning and using a wind attack on Batch. Before it can use its abilities on Gluko, Tenaka got in the way and ended up frozen in ice.
- Winged Yeti (White Yeti in the Japanese version) - An egg shaped Light-elemental with tiny wings, living high in the mountains and is an expert giant slayer.
- Grimbat - Small demon-like creatures who cause bad luck, varying from people making bad decisions to explosions. It is revealed that one of them was behind Prince Eccentro's bad luck.
- Volcanu - A rock giant with lava for blood.
- Water Sprite - A female form with fins for ears and a fish tail, entirely made out of water. She can take any form of water.
- Zap the Eel Monster - A giant electric eel monster.
- Scorch the Fire Monster - A fiery beast.
- Dobe Rats - These small rat monsters attack in groups.
- Viperess (Kowataru in the Japanese version) - A powerful winged-viper monster that was sealed away by ancient warriors in a domino structure.
- Emu - Just a normal emu, but with super-speed.
- Giant Squid - A giant squid that attacks with its tentacles.
- Aquagon the Sea King - A sea giant with teal hair who rules Mon World's seas.
- Horned Beetle - A giant beetle monster.
- Mastodon -
- Giant Boar -
- Spiky Giant Ape -
- Giant Mole -
- Giant Tapeworm -
- Lemming - Tiny white mouse-like creatures, without tail. The strength of one is determined by how many Lemmings are around.
- Purple Sheep (Silent Sheep in the Japanese version) - Lambda's kind. They are regular sheep except for being purple.
- Elephant Monster - A big elephant with red eyes.
- Basailosaurus - A Dimetrodon-type monster.
- Pearl Princess - A mermaid who lives in the Water Realm. She can create a shield which reflects other monsters' attacks including the monsters themselves.
- White Dolphin - A dolphin-like creature.
- Ogopogo - A giant deep sea fish with a vicious nature.
- Tyrannous - A lava Tyrannosaurus monster.
- Baseball Giant - A baseball-themed giant.
- Diamond Star - A star-headed monster that was on Eccentro's baseball team.
- Speedy Hedgehog - A fast hedgehog who was on Eccentro's baseball team.
- Hurricane Eagle - A large eagle.
- Lotocus (Diplodocus in the Japanese version) - A Diplodocus-type monster that is colored entirely white.
- Zazeus - A demon who is also known as "The Storm King" and Dragowrath's mortal enemy (a wind elemental in the Japanese dub, evil in the original version).
- Dragowrath - A giant dragon who is also known as "The Giant Dragon King of the Winds" and Zazeus' mortal enemy. When he and Zazeus are released, they create powerful winds which destroys the forest in the Wind Realm.
- Forest Fearies - Tiny butterfly winged fearies who guard the key to awakening Zazeus and Dragowrath. It seems that they are distrustful of strangers.
- Tiamat the Dragon Empress - The Queen of all Dragons with the upper body of a warrior woman. She resides in the ocean bordering the Water Realm and the Realm of Evil.
- Ten-Armed Scorpula - A ferocious giant-like monster with ten arms who is under a sleeping spell to keep him from wreaking havoc.
- Emerald Dragon - A green, spiky dragon that is similar to Ankylosaurus.
- Crikey the Crocodile Monster - A giant crocodile.
- Lizard Men - A race of reptilian humanoids that live in a swamp village.
- Chameldragon - A tiny winged dragon that can increase its size.
- Grendel (a.k.a. Beowulf) -
- Miners - Dwarf-like men who are grizzled and spend their days mining, hence the name. They don't like Slobgonians very much.
- Stone Giant - A giant made of stone.
- Giant Sunbird - A four-winged sunbird summoned by Luke to help the Mon Colle Knight fight the Stone Giant.
- Sun Devil - A living fireball with a face.
- Boom Dragon - A large and obese orange dragon whose stomach is apparently a bomb and its tail is a fuse.
- Lava Lizard - A large purple dinosaur-creature that can turn into lava and move through the ground this way.
- Kiki the Cleaning Monster - A rabbit-like monster who uses a magical broom to clean anything.
- Bone Dragon - A skeletal dragon monster that can reassemble if dismantled by an attack. Only a magical creature can defeat it.
- Hippopotamus Monster - A hippopotamus monster that looks like a giant pink piggy bank with tiny wings.
- Taurus Ogre -
- Fire Dragon - A ruby-red dragon similar to an oriental dragon in form. He is witty, but also very intelligent.
- Extreme Fire Dragon (Final Fire Dragon in the Japanese version) - Fire Dragon's evolved form that resembles a bipedal dragon with wings.
- Giant Sandworm - A giant sandworm found in the Earth Realm. It's by far the largest monster in the series. Supposedly it was invincible, but was still beaten by the Fire Dragon.
- Daemond - A giant demon summoned by Redda. He proved more than a match for the Fire Dragon, but was overwhelmed and killed by the Extreme Fire Dragon.
- Gargoyles - A race of Jersey Devil-like creatures. The Gargoyles are Redda's minions in the Realm of Evil.
- Winged Destroyer - A fearsome giant black bird that is one of Redda's minions in the Realm of Evil.
- Questing Beast -
- Dread Dragon - A darkness dragon. It has a giant eye thing on a long neck that shoots deadly beams. Killed by Gabriolis when Mondo and Rockna merged with him. Redda later revived the Dread Dragon in order to be a host for Oroboros.
- Oroboros - A formless creature referred to as "Time Master". It was released by Redda who used the Mon-World items for this and it took possession of the dead form of the Dread Dragon.
- Doomsday Dragon (Apocalypse Dragon in the Japanese version) - Oroboros incarnated into the Dread Dragon. One of his eyes reverts time and the other speeds up time. Redda intended to use him to destroy Mon-World. He was too-powerful even for the four evolved dragons, the six elemental angels, and the Mon Colle Knights combined. When the Golden Dragon was summoned and had all of the elements channeled into him, he destroyed the Doomsday Dragon and forced Oroboros back into his own realm.
- Golden Dragon (Saint Star Dragon in the Japanese version) - The most powerful monster in Mon World that was prophesied to appear when it was needed and did so when summoned by angels to stop Doomsday Dragon. All elements, including "Evil" were channeled into him to defeat the Doomsday Dragon.
Mon World Realms
These are the six realms of Mon World:
- Earth Realm - A realm that is partially desert and forest. Home-realm to the Earth Angel and Earth-based monsters.
- Wind Realm - A windy realm that is home to the Cloud Angel and Wind-based monsters. Sky City floats here.
- Fire Realm - A realm filled with volcanoes, lava pits, and hot springs. Home-realm to the Fire Angel and Fire-based monsters.
- Water Realm - A realm that is mostly oceans with islands. Home-realm to the Angel of all Oceans and Water-based monsters.
- Light Realm (a.k.a. Holy Realm) - A realm that's home to Spectra the Angel and other Light-based monsters.
- Darkness Realm (a.k.a. Demon Realm) - A realm filled with Darkness-based monsters. Gabriolis, Lucca and Redda live here.
Note: The titles for the Japanese version and the summaries are taken from Discotek Media's upload to Crunchyroll.
|Japanese episode no.||U.S. episode no.||Title||Original air date||U.S. air date|
|1||1||"Fly to the World of Six Gates!"(Just Another Mon-Day Part 1)||January 10, 2000||July 21, 2001|
|5th graders Mondo Ohya and Rokuna Hiiragi, along with her genius scientist father, Ichiroubei, journey to Six Gates, a world full of monsters and powerful items.|
|2||1||"Jahnay the Lovestar!"(Just Another Mon-Day Part 2)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and Rokuna help a girl search for a lost monster in water element territory.|
|3||3||"Clash of the Giants!"(The Giant and the Steed Part 1)||TBA||TBA|
|A battle of the behemoths takes place in a forest, with the Mon Colle Knights and Count Collection controlling giant monsters.|
|4||2||"Mermaid Magic, Bippity-boppity-boo!"(Send in the Frogs!)||TBA||TBA|
|To save the Mermen Tabernacle Choir, Rokuna has to possess a giant frog monster... but she hates frogs.|
|5||N/A||"Blooming Love Senorita!"||TBA||TBA|
|The Knights come upon a land of feuding cactus people, with two young lovers caught in the middle.|
|6||3||"Run, It's an Air Race!"(The Giant and the Steed Part 2)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo on a baby Pegasus vies against Collection riding a Hippogriff in a thrilling air race.|
|7||9||"From Stylish to Orction?!"(Pork Bellies and New Beginnings Part 1)||TBA||TBA|
|After gaining major stress weight, Collection fits right in as the self-proclaimed king of the Orcs.|
|8||9||"Beginner-chan Is an Evocater?!"(Pork Bellies and New Beginnings Part 2)||TBA||TBA|
|The Knights meet Beginner-chan, a girl who has the skill to summon monsters at will.|
|9||8||"Even Jahnay Tries Hard!"(Lovestar Can Help Too)||TBA||TBA|
|When the Knights are between a Roc and a hard place, only Jahnay can save the day.|
|10||6||"Oh, My Washed-up Friend!"(Friend of Phobia)||TBA||TBA|
|When Mondo and Collection are washed up on a desert island together, they become friends?!|
|11||12||"Dig It Up, Get Lost and Drop It!"(Under the Temple and Into Hot War Part 1)||TBA||TBA|
|The Knights search for a Mon Mon Item in ancient ruins, only to find plenty of deathtraps and hole-digging Kobolds.|
|12||10||"Show Me Your Smile Once More!"(To See You Smile Again)||TBA||TBA|
|Much to Rokuna's fury, Mondo seems to fall for the Diva of the Garden, an elf princess who's bugged by a certain problem.|
|13||7||"Gokumare's Big Adventure!"(Mrs. Loon's Big Adventure)||TBA||TBA|
|Lonely 5th grade teacher Namiko Gokumare hitches a ride to Six Gates and even helps the Knights in an adventure.|
|14||12||"Does the King Like It Hot?"(Under the Temple and Into Hot Water Part 2)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and Rokuna encounter a talkative penguin at a hot spring, as you do, but party poopers Collection and company aren't far behind.|
|15||11||"Roar at the Night Sky, Dragons!"(Beginner and the Snow Ram)||TBA||TBA|
|The Knights deal with a Frost Dragon causing unseasonable blizzards.|
|16||4||"Is There Something in the Arisona Desert?!"(These Boots Were Made for Flying)||TBA||TBA|
|The Mon Colle Knights finally find a Mon Mon Item, but its Earth Dragon owner doesn't want to give it up.|
|17||5||"Justice Prevails?! Mon Colle Knights"(The Dream Team)||TBA||TBA|
|It's the Knights versus Collection in an all-out monster battle over the second Mon Mon Item.|
|18||13||"Punch-punch to a Knockout!"(Knockout Punch-Punch)||TBA||TBA|
|Count Collection and company are kidnapped by Goblins and forced to become maids.|
|19||14||"My Little Brother, Kenta-kun!"(Oh, Brother)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo gets jealous when Rokuna "adopts" Kenta, a young centaur, as a little brother.|
|20||15||"Black Wings Flutter in the Dark!"(Fangs for the Knight-mare)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo is stalked by a demonic fallen angel.|
|21||16||"Sky City Showdown!"(A Giant Pain in the Mondo)||TBA||TBA|
|It's a happy reunion with Pegasus on Cloud Island, interrupted by a powerful giant monster.|
|22||17||"How About Some Terrible Luck, a Great Misfortune, or Unhappiness?"(Eccentro in the Temple of Dumb)||TBA||TBA|
|Both the Knights and Collection are plagued by a malicious, ill luck-bringing Gremlin.|
|23||18||"The Coveted June Bride!"(Ring-a-ding-ding)||TBA||TBA|
|Both the Knights and Collection are plagued by a malicious, ill luck-bringing Gremlin.|
|24||19||"Is Food Cooked With Love a Little Extreme?!"(The Eel Thing)||TBA||TBA|
|It's the Knights versus Count Collection and company again, but this time in a cooking battle!|
|25||20||"Your Smile, Again and Again"(Mirror Mirror Off the Wall)||TBA||TBA|
|Collection uses the Mirror of Lies to change the forms of Ichiroubei and the Knights.|
|26||21||"Rainbow Emerging From a Break in the Darkness"(Secret Orbs and Spices)||TBA||TBA|
|Sacher, the fallen angel, tries to prove that the Mon Colle Knights would betray their comrades.|
|27||22||"Right On With a Leprechaun!"(Something Snaky This Way Comes)||TBA||TBA|
|Count Collection and company finally get a cute mascot of their own, a Leprechaun who likes to blow up their ship.|
|28||23||"Waveriding Summer at Paradise Beach"(Try, Try, Triathlon)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo enters the grueling Gillmen Triathlon.|
|29||24||"Welcome to Six Gates Academy"(Experts Beginning Knights)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and Rokuna go to Six Gates Academy to learn how to be monster-summoning evocaters.|
|30||25||"Mon Colle Knights' Magic Training"(Practice Makes Messes)||TBA||TBA|
|Collection tricks the lovelorn Luke into attacking Mondo.|
|31||26||"Mermaid Princess of the Sea Castle!"(Ogopogo Gone Loco)||TBA||TBA|
|The Knights enjoy their time at the Pearl Mermaid Princess's castle until Collection causes a seaquake.|
|32||27||"Operation: Rose Room"(The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)||TBA||TBA|
|Collection and company secretly help the Mon Colle Knights find a Mon Mon Item so they can steal it from them.|
|33||28||"Vampire of the Haunted House!"(The Vampire Strikes Back)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and Rokuna are trapped inside a haunted house, hunted by the vampiric creature Collection has become.|
|34||29||"The Huge Lovestar?!"(Attack of the Fifty Foot Lovestar)||TBA||TBA|
|A giant, ravenous Jahnay goes on the rampage in a forest village.|
|35||30||"The Mightiest Macho Man!"(One Step Ogre the Line)||TBA||TBA|
|Somehow Collection becomes a macho man and enters the Mightiest Man Contest, a free-for-all brawl.|
|36||31||"One Giant Baseball Player!?"(The Mon World Series)||TBA||TBA|
|With a Mon Mon Item at stake, the Knights play baseball against Collection, who has a giant on his team.|
|37||32||"We're Useful Valkyries!"(Fowl Play)||TBA||TBA|
|The Valkyrie Girl Recruits return and despite their clumsiness, the Knights try to help them become full-fledged members.|
|38||33||"The Wind and Rokuna's Fairy Tale"(Fairy, Fairy, Quite Contrary)||TBA||TBA|
|Rokuna's dream comes true when she gets to meet fairies in Six Gates, but Collection spoils things by unleashing Bahamut, an ornery wind dragon.|
|39||34||"The Great Battle Beyond the Wave!"(Touched by a Mondo I)||TBA||TBA|
|Tiamat sponsors a water-based monster battle, with a Mon Mon Item in the balance, but something lurks behind the scenes...|
|40||35||"Uneasiness of the Highest Order!"(Touched by a Mondo II)||TBA||TBA|
|Rokuna must continue the fight, even when it seems Mondo is gone for good.|
|41||36||"Luke's Lovey-dovey Mission!"(Sheep Trick)||TBA||TBA|
|While on a journey as part of their magical training, Luke tries to find an item that will give him the courage to tell Beginner how he feels about her.|
|42||37||"Clash! Ichiroubei Versus Collection"(All You Need is Lava)||TBA||TBA|
|It's Ichiroubei versus Collection, one on one, as they search for a Mon Mon Item in a land of scorching heat.|
|43||38||"Cleaning Kikimora"(Cleanliness is Next to Mondoness)||TBA||TBA|
|The Mon Colle Knights help the neat freak fairy, Kikimora, when Collection steals her magic broom.|
|44||39||"The Wandering Tan-Tan Detector"(Grin and Bear It)||TBA||TBA|
|Some Kobold scientists retrieve Collection's abandoned Tan-Tan-Tanuki Detector and bring it to life.|
|45||40||"Gokumare's Ultra-Grand Adventure!"(Loon Struck)||TBA||TBA|
|Gokumare meets the man of her dreams in a "magical forest," but gets more than she bargains for.|
|46||41||"Explosive Heat! Fire Dragon"(That Worm Feeling)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and Rokuna want to make friends with Fire Dragon, but it only seems interested in burning them to a crisp.|
|47||42||"The Birth of the Ultimate Flaming Dragon!"(Redda Returns)||TBA||TBA|
|The Mon Colle Knights are in the fight of their lives against the demonic magic of Reda, the Angel of Red Death.|
|48||43||"Showdown! The Angel of Red Death's Trap"(Calling All Monsters)||TBA||TBA|
|Reda abducts Rokuna and takes her to the demonic domain.|
|49||44||"The Gathering of the Six Mon Mon Items!"(The Last Monster Item)||TBA||TBA|
|Mondo and his allies journey to the Charon Zone to rescue Rokuna, but they fall one by one before the might of the Terror Dragon.|
|50||45||"The Vanishing World of Six Gates"(The End of Mon World as We Know It)||TBA||TBA|
|The world of Six Gates is about to be wiped out as the Master of Time returns.|
|51||46||"That Brilliance Is a Diamond"(The Prophecy of the Golden Dragon)||TBA||TBA|
|It's the final showdown between the Mon Colle Knights and the extra-dimensional Ouroboros.|
- Original Setting: Hitoshi Yasuda / Group SNE
- Original Story: Satoru Akahori + Hasegawa Katsumi
- General Creation: Satoru Akahori
- Series Composition: Hasegawa Katsumi
- Original Characters: Hideaki Nishikawa
- Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima
- Director: Yasunao Aoki
- Mechanical Design: Aoki Tomoyoshi
- Item Design: Yamagata Atsushi
- Production Design: Miyazaki Shiniti
- Art Director: Akutsu Mitiyo + Motoki Nagayoshi Yuki
- Color Design: Takeshi Mochida
- Director of Photography: Okino Masahide
- Music: Hiroshi Sakamoto
- Sound Director: Tanaka Kazuya
- Producer: Higashi Fukashi + Ikeda Shin'ichi + Noguchi Kazunori
- Production: TV Tokyo, Yomiko, Studio Deen
- Tony Oliver: Voice Director
- Scott Page-Pagter: Voice Director
- Michael Sorich: Voice Director
Group SNE developed the game based on the series.
- Mon-Colle-Knight official card game
- Mon-Colle-Knight official card game powerup card set 1
- Mumon Tengai Monokore Knight GB ("Mon-Colle-Knight GB") (Game Boy color)
Mon Colle Knights Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.