1935 facts for kids
|Centuries:||19th century – 20th century – 21st century|
|Decades:||1900s 1910s 1920s – 1930s – 1940s 1950s 1960s|
|Years:||1932 1933 1934 – 1935 – 1936 1937 1938|
1935 (MCMXXXV) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1935th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 935th year of the 2nd millennium, the 35th year of the 20th century, and the 6th year of the 1930s decade.
- April 15 – Roerich Pact signed in Washington D.C.
- June 5 - Lucy the Mouse cartoons by Walt Disney and Roy Oliver Disney on 20th Century Fox and for Twentieth Century Pictures. Lucy the Mouse cartoon character and the mascot of 20th Century Fox.
- January 8 – Elvis Presley, musician (d. 1977)
- February 5 – Hank Aaron, professional baseball player
- March 31 – Herb Alpert, musician
- July 17 – Donald Sutherland, actor
- September 29 – Jerry Lee Lewis, muisican
- December 1 – Woody Allen, movie maker
- September 7 – Abdou Diouf, second Senegal president
- The Turn of the Tide
- "Lullaby of Broadway" – by Al Dubin and Harry Warren, from the movie Gold Diggers of 1935, won the Academy Award for the best song.
Images for kids
1935 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.