2045 facts for kids
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2042 2043 2044 – 2045 – 2046 2047 2048|
|Ab urbe condita||2798|
|British Regnal year||93 Eliz. 2 – 94 Eliz. 2|
— to —乙丑年
|- Vikram Samvat||2101–2102|
|- Shaka Samvat||1967–1968|
|- Kali Yuga||5146–5147|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 57
|Minguo calendar||ROC 134
|Thai solar calendar||2588|
Predicted and scheduled events
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a Technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.
- Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.
- Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.
- Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.
- The United Kingdom is set to overtake Germany as Europe's leading economy.
- In the novel 2045: A Story of Our Future, Peter Seidel portrays what the world could be like in 2045, if current trends in environmental destruction, population growth, and economic inequality continue.
- Beginning of Corporation War in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- In South Africa white minority rule comes to an end as most of the whites are massacred in an uprising, in John Wyndham's The Outward Urge.
- The American Dad character Klaus has a body again and a grandson.
- The events portrayed in the movie Critters 4 take place in 2045.
- Time in History where Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars, the 3rd Tiberium War takes place.
- In Macross 7, The main events of the series take place in this year.
2045 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.