42 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||70s BC 60s BC 50s BC – 40s BC – 30s BC 20s BC 10s BC|
|Years:||45 BC 44 BC 43 BC – 42 BC – 41 BC 40 BC 39 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||42 BC
|Ab urbe condita||712|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —己卯年
|- Vikram Samvat||15–16|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3060–3061|
|Iranian calendar||663 BP – 662 BP|
|Islamic calendar||683 BH – 682 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1953 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||502|
Year 42 BC was either a common year starting on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday or a leap year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lepidus and Plancus.
- Marcus Junius Brutus plunders the cities of Asia Minor
- Gaius Cassius Longinus occupies Rhodes
- Mark Antony lands with an army in Illyria
- Mark Antony and Octavian Caesar fight against Caesar's assassins Marcus Junius Brutus and Cassius in the Battle of Philippi.
- for more information, see Category:42 BC births.
- for more information, see Category:42 BC deaths.
42 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.