46 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||70s BC 60s BC 50s BC – 40s BC – 30s BC 20s BC 10s BC|
|Years:||49 BC 48 BC 47 BC – 46 BC – 45 BC 44 BC 43 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||46 BC
|Ab urbe condita||708|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —乙亥年
|- Vikram Samvat||11–12|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3056–3057|
|Iranian calendar||667 BP – 666 BP|
|Islamic calendar||688 BH – 686 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1957 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||498|
Year 46 BC was the last year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Caesar and Lepidus.
- Titus Labienus defeated Julius Caesar in the Battle of Ruspina.
- Julius Caesar defeated the combined army of Pompeian followers and Numidians at Thapsus.
- Caesar leaves for Farther Hispania to deal with rebellion in Rome.
- Caesar changes the Roman calendar to create the Julian calendar. The Julian Calendar remains the standard in the western world until the Gregorian Calendar in 1582.
- Caesar appoints his nephew Octavian his heir.
- for more information, see Category:46 BC births.
- for more information, see Category:46 BC deaths.
46 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.