Austrian Football First League facts for kids
|Level on pyramid||2|
|Most championships||GAK and LASK (3)|
"SKY Go" Erste Liga is the name of the second division in Austrian football.
The league was formed in 1975. The name "Erste Liga" was not new, because before the Second World War the name was in use for the second division in football. From 1949 to 1975 the 3 Regionalligen were the second level. With some modifications the league still exists.
There are ten clubs in the league. The champion promotes to the Bundesliga, the last team of the Bundesliga is relegated to the Erste Liga. The last three teams of this league are relegated to the Regionalliga, the champions of the 3 Regionalligen are promoted to the Erste Liga as fare they are licenced. There is no amateurteam of a club from the Bundesliga allowed.
Clubs in the "SKY Go" Erste Liga 2014/2015
- SV Mattersburg from Burgenland
- L.A.S.K. Linz from Upper Austria
- FC Liefering from Salzburg
- SKN St. Pölten from Lower Austria
- SV Horn from Lower Austria
- SC Austria Lustenau from Vorarlberg
- Kapfenberger SV from Styria
- TSV Hartberg from Styria
- Floridsdorfer AC from Vienna
- FC Wacker Innsbruck from Tyrol
List of stadiums
- Stadion der Stadt Linz (Gugl)- LASK Linz
- Reichshofstadion - SC Austria Lustenau
- Pappelstadion - SV Mattersburg
- NV Arena - SKN St. Pölten
- Franz-Fekete-Stadion - Kapfenberger SV
- Waldviertler Volksbank Arena - SV Horn
- Stadion Hartberg - TSV Hartberg
- Untersberg-Arena - FC Liefering
- Leopold-Stroh-Stadion _ Floridsdorfer AC
Tivoli neu - FC Wacker Innsbruck
Images for kids
Austrian Football First League Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.