1392 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1360s 1370s 1380s – 1390s – 1400s 1410s 1420s|
|Years:||1389 1390 1391 – 1392 – 1393 1394 1395|
- December 16 – Emperor Go-Kameyama of Japan abdicates in favor of rival claimant Go-Komatsu, in order to end the nanboku-cho period of conflict between the Northern and Southern imperial courts.
- Goryeo Revolution 1388-1392: In present-day Korea, rebel leader General Yi Seonggye overthrows King Gongyang and crowns himself King Taejo, ending the Goryeo Dynasty and establishing the Joseon Dynasty. King Gongyang is exiled and later secretly murdered.
- King Jogaila of Poland and Lithuania appoints his cousin Vytautas the Great as regent of Lithuania in return for Vytautas giving up his claim to the Lithuanian throne. Vytautas replaces Jogaila's unpopular brother Skirgaila as regent.
- King Charles VI of France, later known as Charles the Mad, begins experiencing bouts of psychosis which will continue throughout his life.
- Muhammed VII succeeds Yusuf II as Nasrid Sultan of Granada (now southern Spain).
- Franciscan friar James of Jülich is boiled alive for impersonating a bishop and ordaining his own priests.
- Queen Mary of Sicily defeats an army of rebel barons.
- William Le Scrop succeeds William II de Montacute as King of the Isle of Man.
- Seoan mac Pilib succeeds Tomas mor mac Mathghamhna as King of East Breifne in present-day north-central Ireland.
- The city of Afyonkarahisar (now in western Turkey) is conquered by Sultan Beyazid I of the Ottoman Empire.
- Louis de Valois is created the 1st Duke of Orléans, the second time this title was created.
- Erfurt University is founded in Erfurt, central Germany.
- Penistone Grammar School, which was one of the first comprehensive schools in England, is founded near Barnsley, England.
|Ab urbe condita||2145|
|English Regnal year||15 Ric. 2 – 16 Ric. 2|
— to —壬申年十二月十八日
|- Vikram Samvat||1448–1449|
|- Shaka Samvat||1314–1315|
|- Kali Yuga||4493–4494|
|Minguo calendar||520 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1935|
- February 3 – Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland (died 1455)
- Alain Chartier, French poet and political writer (approximate date; died c. 1430)
- Flavio Biondo, Italian humanist and historian (died 1463)
- John de Mowbray, 2nd Duke of Norfolk (died 1432)
- Filippo Maria Visconti, Duke of Milan (died 1447)
1392 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.