kids encyclopedia robot

New York City F.C. facts for kids

Kids Encyclopedia Facts
(Redirected from New York City FC)
New York City
Logo New York City FC
The badge used at the launch of the club
Full name New York City Football Club
Nickname(s)
  • The Pigeons
  • The Bronx Blues
  • The Blues
  • The Boys in Blue
Founded May 21, 2013; 7 years ago (2013-05-21)
Stadium Yankee Stadium
The Bronx, New York
Stadium
capacity
28,743
(expandable to 47,422)
Owner City Football Group (80%)
Yankee Global Enterprises (20%)
CEO Brad Sims
Head coach Domènec Torrent
League Major League Soccer
2018 Eastern Conference: 3rd
Overall: 7th
Playoffs: Conference semifinals

New York City Football Club is an American professional soccer team based in New York City. The team has played in Major League Soccer since the 2015 season. English Premier League team Manchester City owns 80% of the team; the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball own the other 20%. The team is playing at the Yankee Stadium in The Bronx and they share it with the New York Yankees until it can build a new stadium in New York City.

Rivalries

In May 2015, they experienced a new New York City crosstown rivalry in the MLS, when they played the New York Red Bulls for the first time.

Images for kids

kids search engine
New York City F.C. Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.