Star Wars: The Force Awakens facts for kids
|Star Wars: The Force Awakens|
|Directed by||J. J. Abrams|
|Story by||George Lucas|
|Music by||Don Davis|
|Release date(s)||December 18, 2015|
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens is an American epic space opera movie premiered in 2015. It is by Lucasfilm and also by Bad Robot Productions, and distributed by 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm. It is the seventh movie in the Star Wars movie series. It was directed by J. J. Abrams and written by George Lucas.
Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher play the roles they played in the original movies. The movie score was composed by John Williams. The movie was released on December 18, 2015. In November 2014, the title of the movie was announced as Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The story is set about thirty years after Return of the Jedi and the death of Darth Vader and the Emperor. It is about three young people and characters from the previous movies.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo, a smuggler that takes control of the Millennium Falcon with his lifelong friend Chewbacca. He is romantically linked to Princess Leia who is now general of the resistance. Solo is killed by his son Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) towards the end of the movie.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Skywalker only appeared in the ending with no lines just staring at Rey assuming his future involvement in the sequel.
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, is the official general in command of the resistance and lover of Han Solo. She is the mother of the villain Kylo Ren (Ben Solo).
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, a dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order. He is the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia.
- Daisy Ridley as Rey, a scavenger on the desert planet Jakku. On the character, Ridley said, "She's completely self-sufficient and does everything for herself, until she meets another character and an adventure begins."
- John Boyega as Finn, a redeemed First Order stormtrooper. On how Finn fits into the film, Boyega said, "When we find Finn, he's in incredible danger. And the way he reacts to this danger changes his life, and launches him into the Star Wars universe in a very unique way."
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, a Resistance X-wing pilot. On the character, Isaac said, "He's the best freaking pilot in the galaxy... He's been sent on a mission by a certain princess, and he ends up coming up across [Finn], and their fates are forever intertwined."
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata, a pirate.
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren's master and a powerful figure of the Dark Side of the Force.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
- Max von Sydow as Lor San Tekka
Additionally, Kenny Baker and Tim Rose reprise their roles as R2-D2 and Admiral Ackbar, respectively, from previous films. Gwendoline Christie stars as Captain Phasma, an officer in the First Order, and Kiran Shah stars as Teedo, a scavenger on Jakku who rides a semi-mechanical Luggabeast. Additionally, Crystal Clarke, Pip Andersen, Christina Chong, Miltos Yerolemou, Greg Grunberg, Warwick Davis, Billie Lourd, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, Amybeth Hargreaves, Leanne Best, Jessica Henwick, and Simon Pegg were cast in minor roles. Daniel Craig has a cameo appearance as a Stormtrooper. Ewan McGregor voiced Obi-Wan Kenobi in a scene.
The movie was released on December 18, 2015 on IMAX.
Images for kids
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.