Bell 206 facts for kids
The Bell 206 is a light helicopter. It was designed and built in the United States by Bell Helicopters. It was originally designed for civilian purposes. It was changed to be used by the military, including the US Army. It first flew in December 1962. Its manufacturing stopped in 2010. Licence-built were occurred to Italian company Agusta.
Bell 206 is 39.8½ feet (12.11 meters) long, 33.4 feet (10.16 meters) diameter, and 9.4½ feet (10.96 meters) tall. A minimum mass that weighs 1 713 pounds (777 kg) and at the maximum mass that weighs 3 200 pounds (1 451 kg). It's powered by an Allison 250's engine driving a helicopter rotor with two blades.
- Bell 206.
- Bell 206A.
- Agusta-Bell 206A, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206A-1.
- Agusta-Bell 206A-1, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206B.
- Agusta-Bell 206B, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206B-2.
- Bell 206B-3.
- Bell 206L LongRanger.
- Agusta-Bell 206L, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206L-1 LongRanger II.
- Agusta-Bell 206L-1, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206L-1+ LongRanger.
- Bell 206L-3 LongRanger III.
- Agusta-Bell 206L-3, license-built in Italy.
- Bell 206L-3+ LongRanger.
- Bell 206L-4 LongRanger IV.
- Bell 206LT TwinRanger.
- Bell TH-57A, B, C, D Sea Ranger : Training military variant built for US Navy and US Marines Corps.
- Bell OH-58A, B, C Kiowa : Observation and militaries light liaisons variant built for US Army.
- Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior : Observation and light attack variant built for US Army.
- Bell TH-67A : Training military variant built for US Army.
- Bell CH-139 : Mulit-purpose military variant of Bell 206B-3 built for Canada.
In 2013 current and former users of Bell 206 includes :
- United States
- Eurocopter AS-350 Ecureuil.
- PZL-Swidnic SW-4.
Images for kids
An Italian Army Agusta-Bell 206
Bell 206 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.