- This page was last modified on 16 July 2021, at 10:44.
The Stinky & Dirty Show facts for kids
|The Stinky & Dirty Show|
|Created by||Guy Toubes|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39 (78 segments)|
|Executive producer(s)||Guy Toubes|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Amazon Studios
Brown Bag Films
|Original network||Amazon Prime Video|
|Original release||January 15, 2015– August 23, 2019|
The Stinky & Dirty Show is an American-Irish-British animated series that premiered on January 15, 2015 on Amazon Prime Video. A preview was shown alongside two other potential series; Sara Solves It and Buddy: Tech Detective. It ultimately won in view, and the other two shows were scrapped. The series premiered in 2015 with its first season, and ended with an extended second season lasting until summer 2019.
The adventures of best friends and unlikely heroes, Stinky the garbage truck and Dirty the backhoe loader, a dynamic and hilarious duo of resourcefulness that learn that when things don't go as expected, asking "what if" can lead to success. Based on the books by Jim and Kate McMullan.
- Stinky (voiced by Jaden Betts in season 1; Issac Ryan Brown in season 2) – A brown rear loader garbage truck who is the sillier one of the duo. He sees value in garbage where others don't and often provides materials needed to solve a problem, though he often attempts sillier methods such as sneaking in his favorite trash item (moldy melons). Although both Stinky and Dirty hate being clean, Stinky doesn't mind being washed... so long as he retains his signature foul odor.
- Dirty (voiced by Jacob Guenther in season 1; Jet Jurgensmeyer in season 2) – A yellow backhoe loader with a rotating cab who is the more mature one and the brains of the duo. He dreams of becoming the world's best building truck and often thinks more logically in their plans than his best friend. He often draws his ideas on a soft surface on the ground to review ideas, and has a liking for dirt. He has a rock collection and a two-way radio used to call other vehicles for assistance. Although both Stinky and Dirty hate being clean, Dirty has a fear of soap, and often panics if he comes in contact with the fluid.
- Tall (voiced by Wallace Shawn) – A yellow and blue mobile crane who lifts things faster when he laughs.
- Chip (voiced by Darin De Paul) – A blue excavator with a yellow jackhammer and orange hard hat.
- Big Ben (voiced by Jonathan Adams and Rick D. Wasserman from late season 1 to early season 2) – A large green semi flatbed truck.
- Chill (voiced by Billy West) – A pink, cream and powder blue ice cream truck with a large spinning vanilla ice cream cone on his roof and green doors. He speaks in a relaxed manner and is very level headed.
- Mighty (voiced by Jack McGraw) – A black and red tug boat.
- Sender (voiced by Anna Camp) – A mail truck with pink hubcaps who loves spreading the love.
- Dumper (voiced by Jane Lynch) – A blue dump truck who likes music and dancing.
- Monster Truck (voiced by Tom Kenny) – A blue and red paranoid monster truck.
- Meg (voiced by Whoopi Goldberg) – A news truck with megaphone who often gives announcements.
- Jumpy (voiced by Kimberly Brooks) – A purple and green stunting sport bike with multiple shows and films.
- Brave (voiced by Andy Richter) – A handsome fire truck who likes being shiny, but was originally afraid of the sound of popcorn popping.
- Chopper (voiced by Jonny Cruz) – A blue and green helicopter who serves as an aerial reporter and delivery man.
- Digby (voiced by Tom Kenny) – An orange excavator.
- Mixy (voiced by Tom Kenny) – A yellow and white cement truck with a french accent.
- Moby Dee (voiced by Cathy Cavadini) – An orange cargo ship with a yellow crane and cream cabin.
- Smash (voiced by Tish Hicks) – A green and black crawler crane with a wrecking ball.
- Fast (voiced by David Shatraw) – A cyan fast-paced diesel locomotive.
- Zoom (voiced by Grey Griffin) – An energetic cyan, pink and orange roller coaster.
- Buoys (voiced by Tom Kenny and Cathy Cavadini) – A group of buoys. Two of them have also been named Ding and Ding Ding.
- Queen Justine (voiced by Angelique Perrin) – A cruise ship.
- Spacy (voiced by Mark Hamill) – A space shuttle orbiter.
- Linus (voiced by JP Karliak) – An orange road marking machine.
- Sweepy (voiced by Mikey Kelley) – A blue and green street sweeper.
- Red (voiced by Joan Cusack) – A red race car.
- Sparks (voiced by Mikey Kelley) – A blue race car with yellow lightning bolts.
- Carla (voiced by Kimberly Brooks) – A friendly cream, black and green ferry.
- Steam (voiced by Alex Désert) – A brown steam locomotive.
- Santa Claus (voiced by Roger Craig Smith) – Himself.
- Building Crane (voiced by Darin De Paul) – An orange tower crane.
- Rollin (voiced by Tom Kenny) – A blue and yellow road roller with and orange hard hat.
- Haul (voiced by Gary Anthony Williams) – A purple semi truck who remembers his inventory by song.
- Speedy (voiced by Tom Kenny) – A yellow and orange speedboat.
- Sidekick Semi (voiced by Gary Anthony Williams) – A purple semi truck serving as Jumpy's sidekick in her films.
- Tractor Sue (voiced by Mo Collins) – A green Tractor from a neighboring farm.
- Shutter (voiced by Grey Griffin) – A pink and blue bucket truck with a job as a photographer.
- Burger (voiced by Jeff Bennett) – A food truck designed to resemble a hamburger.
- Coupe (voiced by Grey Griffin) – An orange coupe who likes the shade.
- Sedan (voiced by Jeff Bennett) – A blue sedan who likes talking.
- Rover (voiced by Darin De Paul) – A space rover that acts as Spacy's pet, specifically a dog.
- Griswold (voiced by Billy West) – A friendly tan and brown station wagon.
- Toots (voiced by Jeff Bennett) – A pink car with an assortment of gold and silver horns on his body and speaks with a british accent.
- Towpher (voiced by Jeff Bennett) – A green and brown tow truck.
- Miss Bee (voiced by Whoopi Goldberg) – A race car painted in bee stripes.
- Dottie (voiced by David Shatraw) – A green race car with blue and red polka dots.
- Forklifts (voiced by Jeff Bennett, JP Karliak and other assorted actors) – Orange forklifts working in Go City.
- Carry (voiced by Alex Désert) – A red semi truck with an orange car carrier trailer.
- New Cars (voiced by Serenity Reign Brown, Grey Griffin, Jet Jurgensmeyer and Mikey Kelley) – A group of six small childlike minivans.
- Tanker (voiced by Darin De Paul) – An blue Tank Truck.
Season 1 (2015–2016)
|Episode no.||Segment no.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||1a||"Jump at the Dump"||David McCamley||Guy Toubes||January 15, 2015|
|Jumpy's gear is stuck in the stadium while it's still getting remodeled, so Stinky and Dirty help her set up a new course at the Go City Dump.|
|1||1b||"Road Block"||Darragh O'Connell||Guy Toubes||January 15, 2015|
Stinky and Dirty meet for the first time and combine their talents to save the day when a large boulder falls and blocks the Cloverfield Intersection.Note: This episode was previewed with a different title sequence, end credits, and different voices for Stinky and Dirty, plus other factors in 2015. This is also the only time is season one where Jonathan Adams voices Big Ben.
|2||2a||"Mighty Night"||David McCamley||Guy Toubes||September 2, 2016|
|After Mighty cracks his lamp on Moby Dee's anchor, Stinky and Dirty have to help him guide the larger ship into the harbor.|
|2||2b||"Water Ways"||David McCamley||Kati Rocky||September 2, 2016|
|The two set off to deliver a birthday present to Go City Island after Chopper accidentally leaves it behind. The only problem is trying to get across the water when they can't float or fly.|
|3||3a||"Can You Dig It?"||David McCamley||Adam Beechen||September 2, 2016|
|After Dirty gets his rear shovel stuck in a pile of dirt, Stinky must figure out how to free him.|
|3||3b||"Dirty, the Garbage Truck"||David Mc Camley||Rick Suvalle||September 2, 2016|
|Stinky's hopper gets jammed shut, forcing Dirty to help him with his morning trash route.|
|4||4a||"Running on Empty"||David McCamley||David Shayne||September 2, 2016|
|Dirty has to help remove a boulder from a construction site, but he has to find alternative propulsion methods after both he and Stinky run out of fuel.|
|4||4b||"Rolling Blunder"||David McCamley||Lucas Mills||September 2, 2016|
|After Dumper accidentally loses an entire load of bowling balls at the bottom of a hill, Stinky and Dirty have to find a way to transport the heavy and rolly objects to the bowling alley downhill.|
|5||5a||"Concrete Plans"||David Mc Camley||Cate Lieuwen||September 2, 2016|
|Stinky and Dirty accidentally mess up a wet patch of concrete and have to try and smooth it before Mixy returns.|
|5||5b||"The Art of Trash"||David McCamley||Kati Rocky||September 2, 2016|
|Dirty enlists Stinky's help to clean up a park site, but the garbage truck is more interested in keeping some things instead of throwing them away, which come in handy when the last three things that have to be cleaned up are stuck in concrete. But Stinky's lessons about the art of trash leads to a creative solution.|
|6||6a||"Brave's New Siren"||David Mc Camley||Alex Fox & Rachel Lewis||September 2, 2016|
|The 2 have to find another way for Brave to alert others when his lightbar and siren accidentally break.|
|6||6b||"Demolition Dust-Up"||David McCamley||Raye Lankford||September 2, 2016|
|Dirty, Stinky, Chip and Dumper have to figure how to work in synchronization while clearing up the rubble of a burnt building.|
|7||7a||"Lost!"||David McCamley||David Shayne||September 2, 2016|
|When Dirty joins Stinky on a trip to the ranger station, they have to use their other senses when they get lost in fog.|
|7||7b||"Squeak"||David McCamley||David Shayne||September 2, 2016|
|Dirty's squeaking shovel is keeping everyone awake, so he and Stinky set off to fix it.|
|8||8a||"Landlocked"||David McCamley||Guy Toubes||September 2, 2016|
|After the canal gets filled by a landslide, Stinky and Dirty have to find a way to get Mighty and his buoys to the other side.|
|8||8b||"Buoy Ya!"||David McCamley||Rick Suvalle||September 2, 2016|
|After the buoys get blown out to sea, Stinky and Dirty have to guide ships with homemade versions until Mighty returns with the real ones.|
|9||9a||"Follow That Line!"||David McCamley||Raye Lankford||September 2, 2016|
Stinky and Dirty join the racers of the Go City Grand Prix and help them find and follow the purple line marking the racecourse.Note: This is the first episode where Rick D. Wasserman voices Big Ben.
|9||9b||"Seeing Red"||David McCamley||Kati Rocky||September 2, 2016|
|Red keeps getting denied access to a car show due to looking different and enlists Stinky and Dirty to help her stay clean for easy recognition.|
|10||10a||"Detour"||David McCamley||Rick Suvalle||September 2, 2016|
|The 2 help Chill on his way to the park for an ice cream party.|
|10||10b||"Heat & Ice"||David McCamley||Lucas Mills||September 2, 2016|
|Big Ben has to take an ice sculpture to the Go City Stadium, but the hot summer sun is making it melt. How will Stinky and Dirty fix this jam?|
Season 2 (2017–2019)
|Episode no.||Segment no.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|11||1a||"Snow Problems"||David McCamley||Lucas Mills||November 23, 2017|
|11||1b||"Sleigh Riders"||David McCamley||Adam Beechen||November 23, 2017|
|12||2a||"Sweepy Clean"||David McCamley||Alex Fox & Rachel Lewis||November 23, 2017|
|12||2b||"The Broken Road"||David McCamley||Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|13||3a||"Tree Amigos"||David McCamley||Rick Suvalle||November 23, 2017|
|13||3b||"Tower Topper"||David McCamley||Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|14||4a||"Silent But Stinky"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|14||4b||"Make Way For Sweepy"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Scott Gray||November 23, 2017|
|15||5a||"Red Light, Red Light"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||Guy Toubes and Rick Suvalle||November 23, 2017|
|15||5b||"Missing Pieces"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Rick Suvalle||November 23, 2017|
|16||6a||"Ha Ha Higher"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||Rick Suvalle||November 23, 2017|
|16||6b||"The Waiting Games"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|17||7a||"Garbage Barge Goodbye!"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||David Shayne||November 23, 2017|
|17||7b||"Up! Up! Parade!"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Brian Swenlin and Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|18||8a||"Screen Clean"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Becky Friedman||November 23, 2017|
|18||8b||"Drive-In Movers"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||Guy Toubes||November 23, 2017|
|19||9a||"Going Nowhere Fast"||David McCamley & Shane Collins||Jeff Goode||November 23, 2017|
|19||9b||"The Missing Stink"||David McCamley & Maurizio Parimbelli||Rick Suvalle||November 23, 2017|
|20||10a||"Love Notes"||Shane Collins||Becky Friedman||February 12, 2018|
|20||10b||"Love Is In The Air"||Maurizio Parimbelli||David Shayne||February 12, 2018|
|21||11a||"Miles and Miles of Go City Smiles"||Shane Collins||Patrick Rieger||August 14, 2018|
|21||11b||"Fast Track"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Adam Beechen||August 14, 2018|
|22||12a||"Lunch Spot"||Shane Collins||Zac Atkinson||August 14, 2018|
|22||12b||"No Rest For Red"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Guy Toubes||August 14, 2018|
|23||13a||"Runaway Rover"||Shane Collins||Jeff Goode||August 14, 2018|
|23||13b||"The Great Spacey Chase"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Brian Swenlin||August 14, 2018|
|24||14a||"The Big Splat"||Shane Collins||David Shayne||August 14, 2018|
|24||14b||"Finding Ding Ding"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Lisa Kettle||August 14, 2018|
|25||15a||"Traffic Jam-Boree"||Shane Collins||Becky Friedman||August 14, 2018|
|25||15b||"Late Night With Monster Truck"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Rick Suvalle||August 14, 2018|
|26||16a||"Missed On My List"||Shane Collins||Lucas Mills||August 14, 2018|
|26||16b||"Clean Up Catastrophe"||Maurizio Parimbelli||Zac Atkinson||August 14, 2018|
|27||17a||"The Last Melon"||Shane Collins||Rick Suvalle||March 21, 2019|
|27||17b||"Little Big Dirty"||Shane Collins||Adam Beechen||March 21, 2019|
|28||18a||"A Sweepy Surprise"||Shane Collins||Lisa Kettle||March 21, 2019|
|28||18b||"Radio Free Stinky"||Shane Collins||Rick Suvalle||March 21, 2019|
|29||19a||"Scaredy Brave"||Shane Collins||Becky Friedman||March 21, 2019|
|29||19b||"Movie Makeover"||Shane Collins||Jeff Goode||March 21, 2019|
|30||20a||"The Never Ending Race"||Shane Collins||Rhonda Smiley & James Hereth||March 21, 2019|
|30||20b||"Unburied Treasure"||Shane Collins||Zac Atkinson||March 21, 2019|
|31||21a||"The Stinky and Shmirty Show"||Shane Collins||Ron Holsey||March 21, 2019|
|31||21b||"Moon Chasers"||Shane Collins||Guy Toubes||March 21, 2019|
|32||22a||"Honk, You're It"||Shane Collins||Adam Beechen||March 21, 2019|
|32||22b||"Smashalot"||Shane Collins||Patrick Rieger||March 21, 2019|
|33||23a||"Seeing Eye Stinky"||Shane Collins||Rick Suvalle||March 21, 2019|
|33||23b||"Rover All Over"||Shane Collins||Amy Wolfram||March 21, 2019|
|34||24a||"A Case of The Sputters"||Shane Collins & David McCamley||Rhonda Smiley & James Hereth||August 23, 2019|
|34||24b||"Smash Trash Crash"||Fernando Moro||Jeff Goode||August 23, 2019|
|35||25a||"Forklifted"||TBA||Zac Atkinson||August 23, 2019|
|35||25b||"New Car Class"||TBA||David Shayne||August 23, 2019|
|36||26a||"Soap Opera"||TBA||Patrick Rieger||August 23, 2019|
|36||26b||"Rock And Rollin"||TBA||Jeff Goode||August 23, 2019|
|37||27a||"Sno Cone Sliders"||TBA||Alex Fox & Rachel Lewis||August 23, 2019|
|37||27b||"Trading Wheels"||TBA||Lisa Kettle||August 23, 2019|
|38||28a||"Down Under"||TBA||Lisa Kettle||August 23, 2019|
|38||28b||"Monster Breakthrough"||TBA||David Shayne (story)
Rhonda Smiley & James Hereth (teleplay)
|August 23, 2019|
|39||29a||"Fire Away"||TBA||David Shayne||August 23, 2019|
|39||29b||"Save Brave"||TBA||Guy Toubes||August 23, 2019|
Awards and nominations
|2019||Kidscreen Awards||Best Animated Series||Nominated|
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Preschool Animated Program||Nominated|
|Outstanding Sound Editing For A Preschool Animated Program||Nominated|