BC Lions facts for kids
The BC Lions are a Canadian Football League team from Vancouver, BC. The Lions play their games at BC Place Stadium. The Lions play in the CFL West Division. The Lions were started in 1954 and used to play at Empire Stadium in East Vancouver. They also played at the Empire Stadium site in 2010 and 2011, in a temporary stadium called Empire Field. This was necessary because BC Place was closed in those seasons for major renovations.
The Lions have won the Grey Cup six times, most recently at BC Place in 2011.
- Name: Named after "The Lions", which are mountain peaks in the Vancouver area.
- Started: 1954.
- Colours: Orange, Black, and White.
- Stadiums: Empire Stadium (1954-82), BC Place Stadium (1983-today), Empire Field (temporary stadium in 2010–11).
- Western normal season championships (12): 1963, 1964, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011.
- Grey Cup Appearances (10): 1963, 1964, 1983, 1985, 1988, 1994, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011.
- Grey Cup Wins (6): 1964, 1985, 1994, 2000, 2006, 2011.
- Rivals: Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- Theme song: "Roar, You Lions, Roar" by Dal Richards and his Orchestra
Images for kids
Dave Dickenson calls out a play at the line of scrimmage in a game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders at BC Place in 2005.
BC Lions Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.