Charles the Bald facts for kids
Marriages, family and children
Charles married Ermentrude, daughter of Odo I, Count of Orléans, in 842. She died in 869. In 870, Charles married Richilde of Provence, who was descended from a noble family of Lorraine.
- Judith (844–870), married firstly with Athelwulf of Wessex, secondly with Athelbald of Wessex (her stepson) and thirdly with Baldwin I of Flanders
- Louis the Stammerer (846–879)
- Charles the Child (847–866)
- Lothar the Lame (848–866), monk in 861, became Abbot of Saint-Germain
- Carloman (849–876)
- Rotrud (852–912), a nun, Abbess of Saint-Radegunde
- Ermentrud (854–877), a nun, Abbess of Hasnon
- Hildegard (born 856, died young)
- Gisela (857–874)
- Godehilde (864-907)
- Rothild (871–929), married firstly to Hugues, Count of Bourges and secondly to Roger, Count of Maine
- Drogo (872–873)
- Pippin (873–874)
- a son (born and died 875)
- Charles (876–877)
Images for kids
Denier (type Temple and cross) of Charles the Bald, minted at Reims between 840-864 (pre-Edict of Pistres).
Charles the Bald Facts for Kids. Homework Help - Kiddle Encyclopedia.