1292 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1260s 1270s 1280s – 1290s – 1300s 1310s 1320s|
|Years:||1289 1290 1291 – 1292 – 1293 1294 1295|
- November 17 – (Julian calendar) John Balliol is selected as King of Scotland from among 13 candidates by King Edward I of England; Edward then treats John as a puppet ruler and Scotland as a vassal state, eventually leading to the Wars of Scottish Independence commencing in 1296.
- The Lanna kingdom of northern Thailand conquers and annexes the Mon kingdom of Haripunchai.
- The Vaghela dynasty in Gujarat is subjugated by the Deccan Yadava dynasty of Daulatabad.
- Mamluk Sultan of Egypt Khalil invades the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.
- The Turkish emirate of Candaroglu is founded in the Kastamonu Province.
- January 20 – Elisabeth I of Bohemia (died 1330)
- Smilets of Bulgaria (died 1298)
- Henry Burghersh, English statesman (died 1340)
- John VI Cantacuzenus, Byzantine emperor (approximate date; died 1383)
- Eleanor de Clare, English noblewoman (died 1337)
- April 4 – Pope Nicholas IV (born 1227)
- July 13 – or 16 – Jacobus de Voragine, Italian chronicler (born 1230)
- October 25 – Robert Burnell, Lord Chancellor of England
- Abulafia, Spanish kabbalist (approximate date; born 1240)
- Marjorie of Carrick, 3rd Countess of Carrick (born 1256)
- Vakhtang II of Georgia
- John Peckham, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Lucia of Tripoli (approximate date)
1292 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.