Yogyakarta facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Province||Yogyakarta Special Region|
|• Total||32.5 km2 (12.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||11,941/km2 (30,930/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (WIB)|
Yogyakarta is a city in the Yogyakarta Special Region, Indonesia. Yogyakarta was the capital city of Indonesia from 1947-1948. The city is near two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Borobudur and Prambanan.
Yogyakarta is a major center of education in Indonesia. Public universities in the city include:
- Gadjah Mada University one of Indonesia's best known state universities.
- Yogyakarta State University
- Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University
- Indonesia Arts Institute
Private universities include:
- Muhammadiyah University of Yogyakarta
- Islamic University of Indonesia
- Atma Jaya University
- Sanata Dharma University
Images for kids
Yogyakarta Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.