1686 facts for kids
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1650s 1660s 1670s – 1680s – 1690s 1700s 1710s|
|Years:||1683 1684 1685 – 1686 – 1687 1688 1689|
|Ab urbe condita||2439|
|English Regnal year||1 Ja. 2 – 2 Ja. 2|
— to —丙寅年十一月十七日
|- Vikram Samvat||1742–1743|
|- Shaka Samvat||1608–1609|
|- Kali Yuga||4787–4788|
|Japanese calendar||Jōkyō 3
|Minguo calendar||226 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2229|
- May 4 – The Municipality of Ilagan was founded in the Philippines.
- July 17 – A meeting took place at Lüneburg between 'some evangelical Princes and Electors' and representatives of the King of Navarre, the King of Denmark and the Queen of England. The object of this meeting is the formation of an 'evangelical' league of defence against the Catholic League, called the 'Confederatio Militiae Evangelicae'.
- July 22 – New York City and Albany, New York are granted city charters by the colonial governor.
- September 2 – The forces of the Holy League of 1684 liberate Buda from the Ottoman Turkish rule that leads to the end of Turkish rule in Hungary during the subsequent years.
- The League of Augsburg is founded.
- Russia, Saxony, Brandenburg and Bavaria join the Holy League against the Ottoman Turkish Empire.
- A group of conspirators met at Charborough House in Dorset to plan the overthrow of king James II of England by Parliamentarians and the Dutch William III of Orange-Nassau.
- A hurricane saves Charleston, South Carolina, from attack by Spanish vessels.
- January 16 – Archibald Bower, Scottish historian (died 1766)
- January 31 – Hans Egede, Norwegian Lutheran missionary (died 1758)
- April 9 – James Craggs the Younger, English politician (died 1721)
- April 28 – Michael Brokoff, Czech sculptor (died 1721)
- April 29 – Peregrine Bertie, 2nd Duke of Ancaster and Kesteven, English statesman (died 1742)
- May 24 – Gabriel Fahrenheit, German physicist and inventor (died 1736)
- June 9 – Andrei Osterman, Russian statesman (died 1747)
- July 6 – Antoine de Jussieu, French naturalist (died 1758)
- July 9 – Philip Livingston, American politician (died 1749)
- July 31 (or August 1) – Benedetto Marcello, Italian composer (died 1739)
- August 12 – John Balguy, English philosopher (died 1748)
- August 19 – Eustace Budgell, English writer (died 1737)
- August 19 – Nicola Porpora, Italian composer (died 1768)
- October 15 – Allan Ramsay, Scottish poet (died 1758)
- See also: :Category:1686 births
- January 31 – Jean Mairet, French dramatist (born 1604)
- February 10 – William Dugdale, English antiquarian (born 1605)
- April 6 – Arthur Annesley, 1st Earl of Anglesey, English royalist statesman (born. 1614)
- April 19 – Antonio de Solís y Ribadeneyra, Spanish writer (born 1610)
- June 23 – William Coventry, English statesman (born c.1628)
- July 10 – John Fell, English churchman (born 1625)
- July 16 – John Pearson, English theologian (born 1612)
- August 13 – Louis Maimbourg, French-born historian (born 1610)
- October 26 – John Egerton, 2nd Earl of Bridgewater, English politician (born 1623)
- November 11 – Louis II de Bourbon, Prince de Condé, French general (born 1621)
- November 11 – Otto von Guericke, German physicist and inventor (born 1602)
- See also: :Category:1686 deaths
1686 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.