Stanford R. Ovshinsky facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Stanford Robert Ovshinsky
Stanford R. Ovshinsky, August 2005
|Died||October 17, 2012
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, U.S.A.
|Occupation||American inventor, scientist, and entrepreneur|
Stanford Robert Ovshinsky (November 24, 1922 – October 17, 2012) was an American inventor and scientist. He had well over 400 patents over fifty years. Most of these were in the areas of energy and information. Many of his inventions have had many uses. Among the most important are:
- An environmentally friendly nickel-metal hydride battery. These are used in laptop computers, digital cameras, cell phones, and electric and hybrid cars
- solar energy laminates and panels
- Flat screen liquid crystal displays
- Rewritable CD and DVD discs
- Hydrogen fuel cells
- Nonvolatile phase-change memory.
Images for kids
Stanford R. Ovshinsky Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.