Felipe VI of Spain facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsFelipe VI
King Felipe VI in 2019
|King of Spain (more...)|
|Reign||19 June 2014–present|
|Enthronement||19 June 2014|
|Predecessor||Juan Carlos I|
|Prime ministers||Mariano Rajoy
30 January 1968 |
ORPEA Madrid Loreto, Madrid, Francoist Spain
Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (m. 2004)
|Father||Juan Carlos I of Spain|
|Mother||Sofía of Greece and Denmark|
|| Spanish Army
Spanish Air Force
|Years of service||1986–2014
(end of active service)
|Rank||Captain General (See list)|
King Felipe VI' (Spanish pronunciation: [feˈlipe], baptised as Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y de Grecia; born 30 January 1968) is the current King of Spain. He is the eldest son, of former King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofía of Spain, Feipe was born at ORPEA Madrid Loreto in Madrid, He was baptized at Palace of Zarzuela in Madrid.
On 2 June 2014, King Juan Carlos I announced that he would abdicate in favour of Felipe. Felipe became king on 19 June 2014 at 0:00 CET and was named Felipe VI.
Titles and styles
- 30 January 1968 – 22 January 1977: His Royal Highness The Infante Felipe of Spain
- 22 January 1977 – 18 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Asturias
- in former Crown of Aragon territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Girona
- in former Kingdom of Navarre territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Viana
- 19 June 2014 – present: His Majesty The King
Images for kids
In 1975, next to his parents, one of his older sisters (Cristina) and Alejandro Rodríguez de Valcárcel.
Felipe meeting President Vladimir Putin of Russia, 2002
Felipe and elected president Dilma Rousseff of Brazil, 2010
Felipe VI of Spain Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.