TSV 1860 München facts for kids
|Full name||Turn- und Sportverein München von 1860|
|Nickname(s)||Die Löwen (The lions)|
|2013/14||2. Bundesliga, 7th|
T.S.V. 1860 München is a football club which plays in the second German Bundesliga.
The club was founded in 1860, the football section was founded on 25 April 1899. The first match they played was 1902 versus 1. Münchner FC 1896. The match was lost 2:4. 1911 they built a football field on the Grünwalder Straße. In 1926 a stadium was built which offered 40 000 places. 1931 the team reached the final of the championship for the first time but was beaten by Hertha BSC with 3:2. During the Nazi rule in Germany 1860 München had close relations to the Nazi government. In 1963 the club was one of the founders of the German Bundesliga. 1964 they won the German Cup. That year they also reached the final of the UEFA Cup winners cup but lost toWest Ham United. In the 1964/65 season they became for the first and last time German football champion. Till today they often played in the second league but sometimes in the Bundesliga.
TSV 1860 München plays in the Allianz Arena which they share with their rival Bayern München. If they play the skin of the Arena is blue. Originally they played at the Grünwalder Straße which they also shared with Bayern between 1925 and 1972.
- As of 26 August 2015
- Rudi Brunnenmeier scored between 1960 and 1968 139 goals in the Bundesliga.
- Peter Grosser was captain of the championsquads and played two times in Germanys national football team.
- Bernd Patzke was member of Germanys squad for the FIFA World Cup in 1966.
- Petar Radenković was goalkeeper in the 1960s and is known for his "trips" to the opponents penalty area.
- Harald Cerny is with 263 league matches record holder for TSV 1860.
- Thomas Häßler was member of the German national football team.
- German championship (Bundesliga)
- Champions: 1966
- Runners-up: 1931, 1967
- Oberliga Süd (I)
- Champions: 1963
- Gauliga Bayern (I)
- Champions: 1941, 1943
- 2nd Bundesliga Süd (II)
- Champions: 1979
- Runners-up: 1977
- 2nd Oberliga Süd (II)
- Champions: 1955, 1957
- Bayernliga (III)
- Champions: 1984, 1991, 1993
- Runners-up: 1986, 1990
Images for kids
TSV 1860 München Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.