Kropotkin, by Nadar
|Died||February 8, 1921
Prince Peter (Pyotr) Alexeyevich Kropotkin (Russian: Пётр Алексе́евич Кропо́ткин) (9 December 1842 - 8 February 1921) was one of Russia's most important anarchists and one of the first advocates of anarchist communism. Because of his title of prince and his fame as an anarchist in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, he was known by some as "the Anarchist Prince".
- The Conquest of Bread Project Gutenberg e-text, Project LibriVox audiobook
- Fields, Factories and Workshops
- P.Kropotkin, In Russian and French Prisons, London: Ward and Downey; 1887.
- Memoirs of a Revolutionist, London : Smith, Elder; 1899. Kropotkin's own memoirs, which were also published in the United States in the same year and have appeared in a number of modern editions.
- The Great French Revolution, 1789-1793, New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, London, William Heinemann, 1909, translated from the French by N.F. Dryhurst. e-text (in French)
- Russian Literature: Ideals and Realities (New York: A. A. Knopf, 1915). Available online at the Anarchy Archives,
- Ethics (unfinished). Included as first part of Origen y evolución de la moral (Spanish e-text)
- In Russian and French Prisons. Online book. A criticism of the existence of prisons.
- "Research on the Ice age", Notices of the Imperial Russian Geographical Society, 1876.
- "The desiccation of Eur-Asia", Geographical Journal, 23 (1904), 722-741.
- Mr. Mackinder; Mr. Ravenstein; Dr. Herbertson; Prince Kropotkin; Mr. Andrews; Cobden Sanderson; Elisée Reclus, "On Spherical Maps and Reliefs: Discussion", The Geographical Journal, Vol. 22, No. 3. (Sep., 1903), pp. 294–299, JSTOR
- "Baron Toll", The Geographical Journal, Vol. 23, No. 6. (Jun., 1904), pp. 770–772, JSTOR
- "The population of Russia", The Geographical Journal, Vol. 10, No. 2. (Aug., 1897), pp. 196–202, JSTOR
- "The old beds of the Amu-Daria", The Geographical Journal, Vol. 12, No. 3. (Sep., 1898), pp. 306–310, JSTOR
- Listen, Anarchist!
- An Appeal To The Young
- Law and Authority.
- The Place of Anarchy in Socialist Evolution.
- Revolutionary Government.
Images for kids
Peter Kropotkin Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.