Sialkot facts for kids
Sialkot is also called the "City of Iqbal". This is because Allama Iqbal was born here.
The city has a strong economy. They are responsible for 10% of all Pakistani exports. They are the world's largest maker of hand-sewed footballs. The 2014 FIFA World Cup's footballs were made by Forward Sports, a company based in Sialkot.
It is home to the Sialkot International Airport, Pakistan's first privately owned public airport.
Notable people from Sialkot
- Allama Iqbal, the "Spiritual father of Pakistan"
- Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Minister for Defense, Water & Power
- Shoaib Malik, former captain of Pakistan national cricket team
- Main Naeem Javed, Politician, Sportsman
- Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
Images for kids
Sialkot Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.