2016 Kids' Choice Sports facts for kids
Quick facts for kids2016 Kids' Choice Sports
July 14, 2016|
July 17, 2016
The 3rd Annual Kids' Choice Sports was held on July 14, 2016, at the Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California, and was broadcast three days later on July 17. Seattle Seahawks quarterback and Super Bowl Champion Russell Wilson returned as host.
A Kids' Choice Sports Council was formed to "lend their expertise and experience to help inform the awards show, consult on the nominee process and give feedback on categories." Committee members are:
- Baron Davis (former Hornets and two-time NBA All-Star)
- Ken Griffey Jr. (former baseball outfielder and 13-time All-Star)
- Lisa Leslie (former WNBA MVP and four-time Olympic gold medal winner)
- Cal Ripken Jr. (former shortstop and third baseman for the Baltimore Orioles and 19-time All-Star)
- Deion Sanders (NFL Pro Football Hall of Famer)
- Misty May-Treanor (three-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist)
- Andy Elkin (Agent, Creative Artists Agency)
- Tracy Perlman (VP Entertainment Marketing and Promotions, NFL)
- Jeff Schwartz (President and Founder, Excel Sports Management)
- Jill Smoller (SVP, William Morris Endeavor)
- Leah Wilcox (VP, Talent Relations, NBA)
- Alan Zucker (SVP, IMG Clients Group)
- Michael Phelps (most decorated Olympian of all time)
- Tony Hawk (professional skateboarder)
- Zane Stoddard (VP, Entertainment Marketing and Content Development, NASCAR)
Kobe Bryant received the 2016 Legend Award.
Winners are highlighted in bold
2016 Kids' Choice Sports Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.