Aphelion (software) facts for kids
Aphelion Dev graphical user interface
|Developer(s)||ADCIS French company|
4.4.0 / 6 October 2017
|Written in||C sharp, C++|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
The Aphelion software product can be used to prototype applications using the graphical user interface. It provides a set of tools for programmers which have to develop software with image analysis needs.
The Aphelion Imaging Software Suite is used by students, researchers, engineers, and software developers in application domains requiring image processing and computer vision, such as:
- security (surveillance, object tracking)
- remote sensing
- quality control for the industry and inspection applications
- materials science
- life sciences (medicine and biology)
- earth science (geology)
- theory (image processing, machine learning and optimization)
Below is a list of Aphelion optional extensions:
- 3D Image Processing and 3D Image Display: A set of extensions to display and process 3D images. The 3D display extension is based on the VTK software product.
- 3D Skeletonization: Extension to compute the 3D skeleton.
- Image Registration: Image registration extension to register images coming from different acquisition devices.
- Classification Tools: Classification extension including a « Fuzzy Logic » (fuzzy logic classification),« Neural Networks » (classification based on neural networks), and « Random Forest » (classification based on random forests, derived from the R software product)
- Kriging: Specific extension to remove image noise using geostatistics techniques.
- Camera interface drivers and microscope interface software
- Virtual Image Capture and Virtual Image Stitcher: Two software products to capture mult-field images and stitch them into one single and very large image in the fields of optical and electron microscopy (image stitching).
- Stereology Analyzer: Software to analyze a very large image using stereology. This extension is mainly used in the field of biology on images acquired by a scan microscope.
- VisionTutor: Online image processing course including all the theory and application macro commands that are compatible with Aphelion.
The Aphelion user can add his/her own macro-commands in the user interface that have been automatically recorded to process a batch of images. He/she can also add plugins and libraries in the GUI that have been developed outside the Aphelion environment.
Aphelion (software) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.