Persia is another name for Iran, a country in Western Asia.
The Persian Empire (Persian: شاهنشاهی ایران - Shahanshahi-e Iran) is the name for a few empires, that ruled over modern-day Iran.
- Achaemenid Empire (550 BC – 330 BC), the first Persian Empire.
- Sassanid Empire (224 – 651 AD), the second Persian Empire.
- Persia (1501-1935) under Safavid dynasty, Afsharid dynasty, Zand dynasty, Qajar dynasty and Pahlavi dynasty
Persia may also refer to:
- Persia, Iowa, a city in the United States
- Persian Gulf, an extension of the Indian Ocean between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula
- Fars Province, a province in Iran, also known as Pārs
Persia (disambiguation) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.