Shizuoka, Shizuoka facts for kids
- Granship is a large, public convention facility designed by architect Arata Isozaki.
- Miho no Matsubara is a place on the Miho peninsula with pine trees and views of Mount Fuji on a clear day. The pine groves were added to the World Heritage List as part of the Fujisan Cultural Site in 2013.
- Nihondaira is a 308-metre hill in central Shizuoka with good views of Mount Fuji, the Izu Peninsula, and Shimizu Bay.
- Kunōzan Tōshō-gū was the original burial place of Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- New Tower was built in Sumpujou Park in 2013.
- Shizuoka University
- Tokai University
- Tokoha Gakuen University
- Shizuoka Eiwa Gakuin University
People from Shizuoka
- Princess Akishino—princess in the Japanese Imperial Family
- Masafumi Goto—lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist of the J-rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Koji Gyotoku—football player and coach of Bhutan national football team
- Keiko Masuda—Singer, "Kei" of female pop music duo Pink Lady
- Kazuyoshi Miura—football player
- Riyo Mori—Miss Universe 2007
- Mitsuyo Nemoto—Singer, "Mie" of Pink Lady
- Momoko Sakura—cartoonist, creator of Chibi Maruko-chan
- Atsuto Uchida—football player
- Yoshito Usui—creator of Crayon Shin-Chan
- Takahiro Yamada—bassist of Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Images for kids
Shizuoka, Shizuoka Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.