Italy national under-21 football team facts for kids
UEFA U-23 Championship Record
- 1972: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 3 in qualification group.
- 1974: Losing quarter-finalists.
- 1976: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 3 in qualification group.
- *Red border color indicates tournament was held on home soil.
Olympics football Record
Quick facts for kidsOlympic medal record
Since 1992 Olympics football changed to U-23 event, and the European U-21 teams, technically is a U-23 teams. The winner, runner-up and third place of UEFA U-21 Championship qualify for Olympics.
- Before 1992: See Italy national football team
- 1992: Losing quarter-finalists.
- 1996: Group stage.
- 2000: Losing quarter-finalists.
- 2004: Bronze Medal.
- 2008: Losing quarter-finalists.
- 2012: Did not qualify.
- 2016: Did not qualify.
- 2020: Did not qualify
- 1976–1986: Azeglio Vicini
- 1986–1996: Cesare Maldini
- 1996–1997: Rossano Giampaglia
- 1997–2000: Marco Tardelli
- 2000–2006: Claudio Gentile
- 2006–2010: Pierluigi Casiraghi
- 2010–2012: Ciro Ferrara
- 2012–2013: Devis Mangia
- 2013–present: Luigi Di Biagio
Italy national under-21 football team Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.