Vantaa facts for kids
Vantaa (Swedish: Vanda) is the fourth largest city in Finland (after Helsinki, Espoo and Tampere). It is part of the Greater Helsinki area. The most important parts of Vantaa are Tikkurila, Hakunila, Koivukylä, Korso, Martinlaakso and Myyrmäki. Tuusula, Kerava, Sipoo, Helsinki, Espoo and Nurmijärvi are neighbour communities and cities of Vantaa.
The biggest airport in Finland, Helsinki-Vantaa, is in Central Vantaa.
Mayors of Vantaa
People who were born in Vantaa
- Patrik Antonius, a professional poker player
- Sampsa Astala, a musician on Lordi
- Valtteri Filppula, a ice hockey player
- Jaakko Hintikka, a professor in Boston University
- Mika Häkkinen, Formula 1 world champion
- Sami Kapanen, an ice hockey player
- Ville Peltonen, an ice hockey player
- Jarkko Ruutu, an ice hockey player
- Tuomo Ruutu, an ice hockey player
- Eicca Toppinen, a cellist on Apocalyptica
- Ossi Väänänen an ice hockey player
Images for kids
Vantaa Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.