A landscape from the Pannonian Plain - Farm on the Hortobágy
In geography, a plain is a large area of land with no hills or mountains. Plains mostly are more suitable for farming than plateaus or mountains.
List of famous plains:
- Australian Plains, Australia
- Canterbury Plains, New Zealand
- Gangetic Plains of India, Bangladesh, North India,Nepal
- Great Plains, United States
- Indus Valley Plain, Pakistan
- Kantō Plain, Japan
- Nullarbor Plain, Australia
- Khuzestan Plain, Iran
- Mazandaran Plain, Iran
- Pannonian Plain, Central Europe
- Salisbury Plain, England
Images for kids
A small, incised alluvial plain from Red Rock Canyon State Park (California).
The Kakanui Range dominates the eastern horizon of the Maniototo Plain
The Llanos, an area of land with relatively high relief in Venezuela
View of Fields at Biccavolu, Eastern coastal plains, Andhra Pradesh, India
View of the South Småland peneplain at Store Mosse National Park in Sweden.
Terrain near the central German town of Fulda.
View of Messara from the hill of Phaestus, Greece.
Looking southeast across the Taieri Plain, Otago, New Zealand.
Plain Facts for Kids
. Kiddle Encyclopedia.