Exotic pet facts for kids
Animals kept as exotic pets
- Arctic Fox
- Wolves and wolf/dog hybrids
- Fennec Foxes
- Tame Silver Foxes
- Red Foxes
- Sugar Gliders
- Indian Star Tortoises
- Wild felines such as lions, tigers, bobcats, servals, and ocelots
- Reptiles such as snakes, turtles, tortoises, and lizards
- Arachnids such as spiders and scorpions
- Insects such as praying mantises, Madagascar hissing cockroaches, fleas, and some beetles
- Crustaceans such as yabbies, marron, crabs, and shrimp.
- Rare birds
- Non-human primates
Images for kids
Animal markets in impoverished, tropical countries often sell primates, such as these slow lorises, to both tourists and local people as pets, despite laws against the trade.
Exotic pet Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.