List of Muffler Men facts for kids
This is a list of Muffler Men, large moulded fiberglass sculptures that are placed as advertising icons.
- Louie The Lumberjack at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff
- Paul Bunyan at Leo's Auto and Home Supply/Don's Hot Rod Shop in Tucson
- Big Ed at Cumming's Plumbing in Tucson
- Big Johnson (B.J.) at Big Johnson's Store in Prescott
- "Big Bert", River Bend Resort, Forestville, CA.
- Big Josh in Joshua Tree, CA
- "Big Mike", formerly at Big Mike's Muffler, Hayward
- "Babe Royer" at Babe's Lightning & Muffler in San Jose.
- Chicken Boy in Highland Park
- "El Salsero" Muffler Man at 22800 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu
- "Edwin", a golfer, at El Monte Sign Company, 2710 Santa Anita Avenue
- "The Guy," a race car driver holding a checkered flag, off the 405 freeway, at the west coast Porsche Experience Center in Carson. Originally a golfer for the Dominguez Golf Course
- Unnamed, King's Auto Repair in Compton
- "Sergio," at Automotive Alley in Boyle Heights
- "Tony" at Tony's Transmissions in City Terrace
- "Kevin" at Tuneup Masters in Van Nuys
- "Joor Muffler Man" at Joor Muffler in Escondido
- "Mecca Man" at El Tompa Mini Mart in Mecca, CA.
- "The Indian Warrior" at Ethels Old Corral in Bakersfield, CA.
- "Trailer Park Cowboy" at Rustic Ranch Mobile Home Park, 5565 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO.
- "Ranch Cowboy" stands guard with a pitchfork at Lazy T Ranch, 12765 N. 63rd St., Longmont, CO.
- "Greeley Muffler Man" in front of Just Bob's Auto, 500 1st Ave, Greeley, CO 80631.
When the 26-foot "Muffler Man" Paul Bunyan was erected in front of a Cheshire lumber business in the 1980s, the town objected to the statue, citing that it was a violated of town codes given its substantial height. Finding no limitation on flagpole height on the books, the owners of the statue replaced Bunyan's axe with an American flag.
Norwich- West Main Street Big Bob, a wayward Connecticut cowboy, has been in Norwich since the mid-1960s. For his first 20 years he was on the other side of town. Back then he belonged to Alex Cohen, who used the Muffler Man to draw visitors to his amusement park. That business eventually closed, and when the owners of Surplus Unlimited -- who were friends with Al -- opened their store in 1982, they bought Big Bob. They had admired him ever since they were kids.
Patriotic Big Bob has held an American flag since his move, and is anchored with cables to the front of the store to prevent people from climbing onto the roof and kicking him over (It's been attempted). At night he is illuminated by a spotlight. Surplus Unlimited keeps Big Bob in good repair, featuring him in its advertising and as artwork on the side of its delivery truck in the parking lot.
- The World's Largest Janitor, "Big Don", at the Museum of Clean in Pocatello.
- The "lumberjack" at Heyburn Elementary School in St. Maries.
- Gemini Giant in Wilmington
- A Giant Hot Dog Statue on Route 66 in Atlanta, Illinois was relocated from Bunyon's in Cicero upon that restaurateur's retirement.
- Lauterbach Man at Lauterbach Service Center in Springfield, Illinois
- Spartan at Southeast High School in Springfield, Illinois
- BIG FAT in Evergreen Park, Illinois Paul Bunyan statue on top of Guardian Auto Re-builders
- Blind Without Glasses at 6300 S. Pulaski in Chicago, IL Indian on top of an eye clinic
- Paul Bunyan at Lamb's Farm in Libertyville, Illinois
- 2 muffler men, Paul Bunyan and Beach Boy, at the Pink Elephant Antique Mall in Livingston, Illinois
- Giant "Phil", Williamsburg. A Phillips 66 Cowboy, Muffler Man, once stood at the Landmark Truck Stop in Williamsburg, IA at the intersection of I80 and IA-149.. “Giant Phil” was a well-known landmark and appears on a vintage postcard. It is not known where this statue went but it is possible that he now stands with a large fiberglass bull in Waukon, IA
- In front of Topps Western World, 3003 Topps Trail, Bossier City (facing I-20, near exit 23).
- Plantation Man, Chicopee. It was originally made for a restaurant in Framingham, then as Uncle Sam for a car dealership in Springfield. It is currently being auctioned and its future is uncertain.
- There is a Muffler Man with a large ax and lumberman's hard hat at the entrance to Valley Tree Service on the east side of Route 97 in Groveland, Massachusetts.
- A Muffler Man depicted in rural attire and baseball cap stands at Green Valley Equipment Company, on Route 43 in Hancock, Massachusetts.
- Greg E. Normous: Golfer, Stands at a putt putt golf course, and is named for the golfer Greg Norman (also looks like Bob Hope) 23 Mile Rd. New Baltimore, MI
- Golf Giant: Golfer at driving range, 1/2 mile west of Greg E. Normous, New Baltimore, MI http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/8890
- Bunyan (a Mr. Bendo): Stones Last Resort, Cleveland, Missouri
- Bunyan (no job too big): Skyline Motors Tractor Trailer Repair, Foristell, Missouri
- Injun Joe and Country Bumpkin: Bagnell Dam Strip, Lake Ozark, Missouri
- Muffler Man: Chief Wappalese: Chaonia Landing Resort and Marina, Lake Wappapello, Missouri
- Cowboy Muffler Man (In Pieces): Croft Automotive and Trailer, Valley Park, Missouri
- There is a Muffler Man in front of the tire store on Montana Ave. in Billings.
- Nitro Girl - Black Horse Pike, Blackwood
- Carpet Viking Statue, Route 77, Deerfield
- Muffler man collection - Halfwit, Halfwit head paintball target, Dracula head, Monmoth Road, Holmeston
- Carpet-clutching Muffler Man, Broadway, Jersey City
- Tire Man in Pink - White Horse Pike, Magnolia
- Pirate, Boardwalk, Ocean City
- Barnacle Bill's Amusements, Highway 35, Ortley Beach
- Muffler Man collection, Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights
- Happy Halfwit, Highway 73, Winslow
- Cowtown Rodeo, Highway 40, Woodstown
- May Cafe, Albuquerque (this is a lumberjack figure, not a Muffler Man)
- Sun Glass, Farmington
- Big Daddy's Flea Market, Las Cruces
- Franciscan RV Inc., Hatch
- John's Used Cars, Gallup (cowboy Muffler Man)
- Westchester County 135 N Saw Mill River Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523 (Yellow Shirt Green pants)Muffler man
- Bradsher Landscape Supply, Raleigh (bluejeans and baseball cap)
- Harry's On The Hill Cadillac GMC, Asheville (Chief Pontiac)
- Paul Bunyan holding an axe, with Babe the Blue Ox, Original Log Cabin Company, Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- White's Tire Company, Wilson, North Carolina
- Chieftain Motel, Carrington (figure is a Native American with upraised arm)
- Buck Atom the Space Cowboy, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Native American with arm stretched out at Indian Trading Post, Calumet, Oklahoma
- Harvey the Giant Rabbit – in Reedville
- Cadet Restaurant, Kittanning
- Lugnutz Tire Service, Greensburg
- The Inside Scoop ice cream shop in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
- Muffler Man at Mr. Tire, Uniontown, PA
- Automotive Brake & Exhaust, Sioux Falls - 'Mr. Bendo', arm upraised if holding an exhaust pipe in one hand
- Full Throttle Saloon (new location), 'Windover Willie' originally from Winnemucca, NV. Located at 19942 Hwy 79, Vale, SD - Cowboy holding a cigar in his left hand and a mug of beer in his right.
- Red McCombs Big Chief in downtown San Antonio, Texas
- Mr. Bendo, Paul Bunyan, at San Angelo, Texas
- Glenn Goode and Mary Jean Goode's "Big People!": Cowboy, 2 Big Johns, and a Uniroyal Gal in Gainesville, Texas
- Happy The Halfwit at Kenn's Muffler Shop in Beaumont, Texas
- 2nd Amendment Cowboy at Cadillac RV Park in Amarillo,Texas
- at Wine Garage, east of Fredericksburg, Texas on US-290
- Native American in Chinos - Beside Sad Sam's at Exit 112 off of I-65, near Cross Plains.
- Pal's, Kingsport - Man carrying a hamburger
- Pratt's, Kingsport - Indian in loincloth
- "Big John", a coal miner on South Main Street in front of the Helper Civic Auditorium & city library (formerly the city hall) in Helper
- "Mr. Spock," a muffler man repainted to resemble the Star Trek character. It sits atop a business in Salt Lake City hidden from street view.
- Chincoteague Viking, Chincoteague Island
- Williamson Road Service Center at 3110 Williamson Rd Roanoke VA Roanoke VAR
- Coeburn VA Red Oak Trading Company.
- Paul Bunyan, Shelton Washington
There is one on a roof of the SSA Marine building located at 1105 Hewitt Ave, in Everett Washington at the end of Hewitt Ave.
There is a 22'tall Cowboy muffler man located in Pomeroy WA on HWY12 on the lower East side of town. He is on private property in public view.
- Gus's Drive-In, East Troy - Gus's Giant
- Bulik's Amusement Center, Spooner - Cowboy
List of Muffler Men Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.