Limassol facts for kids
Λεμεσός / Limasol
|• City||47.87 km2 (18.48 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,110/km2 (5,465/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Limassol Castle is one of the ten castles of Cyprus. It was built by the Byzantines around 1000 AD.
- Adamos Adamou, member of European Parliament
- Nicos Anastasiades, President of the Republic of Cyprus
- Michael Cacoyannis, film director
- İsmet Güney, the designer of the flag of the Republic of Cyprus
- Pavlos Kontides, Olympic medalist
- Spyros Kyprianou, former president
- Marios Tokas, composer
Images for kids
Limassol Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.